SAU Community

M35 Tailgate Gas Struts

Cephas

• 9 months later...

anyone ever find a part number for these? or an appropriate aftermarket unit?

You'd be better getting a strut Re-gas guy to measure up and obtain something suitable.

The issue will be the door end, as the bracket & ball is permanently affixed.

Is there a reason yours can't be regassed?

There a few places online where you can buy custom Struts, you give them the measurements and weights and what ends the struts need and they will make them up. (most if not all the stagea's have ball joint ends, fairly common)

Im sure if we get a few people interested we could see about a group buy with a strut making company....

• 4 months later...

There a few places online where you can buy custom Struts, you give them the measurements and weights and what ends the struts need and they will make them up. (most if not all the stagea's have ball joint ends, fairly common)

Im sure if we get a few people interested we could see about a group buy with a strut making company....

I processor detective work in the dark in the garage in the morning. I took the gas spring to the desktop and I did the measurements and I found using Google the UK company that produces the desired gas spring lifting force. I examine the dimensions in the manufacturer's pages and I got to the shopping cart products:

http://www.sgs-engineering.com

_img900.jpg

Original gas strut includes a coarse threaded ball sockets so I have to buy new ball sockets with M8 thread. Also original gas strut is 1125N and i planned to order 1150N.

Gas spring original body length is 14 cm and a stroke length of 9cm so the total length of 23cm. This means that the GS10-22-100-150 will not physically fit in the car (gas strut body strikes to strut support iron when the backdoor is closed). This means that the manufacturer's catalog contains one of the appropriate gas spring GS10-22-70-120. This product is a body length of 2cm too short and the stroke length is also 2cm too short! This place is more suitable for shorter, with larger gas strut rear door can not be closed. If we replace B10 to B11 which is 6 mm longer so stroke length difference is now 14mm. So, the end result will be the door several centimeters lower.

My friend works at the selling company that imports the original STABILUS gas struts to Finland. I'll put him in the query that he have time to work on the sidejob to take a look availabilities and prices of original and possibly the bolt-on parts.

Now a moment to sleep. Whether others found other options?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Guys, i have found the original STABILUS number for OEM lifts. They are 095303

http://www.klee.dk/en/products/linear-motion-technology/gas-springs-lift-o-mat/04095303/

for you this should be OK) near 30 USD + shipping

Can you (or anyone) confirm that these are correct? As it doesn't match exactly with what I have in my car.

Dragon92, If that is for an M35, please post up the part number.

K250-22-1135n

$35 each

(Helps when i know the guy i got them from)

I also ordered a 10mm add on otherwise the boot wouldn't open as far.

Edited by Dragon92

Just got a call from my parts guy and the Stabilus Struts are available but they are ex Germany and are quoted as $165 per unit, ouch so I'll be visiting the Re-Gas fellas in Canberra for sure,.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

No idea if you guys have found suitable replacements in OZ/NZ for your M35 Stagea tailgate and boot floor struts but I've just managed to order some new ones from SGS engineering in the UK. Cost about £100 / approx 160 AUD for all 4 struts.

Will let you know how I get on when they arrive!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi John

Yeah I still have the invoice - the part codes on it are:

GS10-22-100-150 Gas strut

B10 10mm metal ball socket

B3 10mm angled plastic ball socket

GS8-18-100-140 gas strut

B1 10mm plastic ball socket

Not sure which is which strut but I can take a look if you're only wanting to order the boot struts for example.

Edited by gazman2

• 1 year later...

Hi Gazman2

Did you install those GS10-22-100-150 gas struts to your Stagea? I have those same struts and I'm trying to

put those to my 2001 Stagea 300rx... How did you install those cause I'm having trouble because struts are

so strong ( seems that they might fit if there is a way to pull the strut rod inside couple of centimeters when installing )

Has anyone here actually installed those GS struts to Stagea?? Or are they simply not for Stageas...