SAU Community

Micolour Sauvic Deca Motorkhana - Round 2 - Saturday 5th June 2010

Belsil80

i didn't check out your new tyre's last time, but atleast you had grip unlike last aug.

You have a better memory than me...? Did I burn the semis then?

be careful with KU-36's in the wet.

I don't understand why people say that ku36's aren't good in the wet??? They are soft street tyres!!! Not semi slicks like people keep saying.

The tread pattern has more than enough for water dispersement.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't understand why people say that ku36's aren't good in the wet??? They are soft street tyres!!! Not semi slicks like people keep saying.

i dont find them very good in the wet, but i think i only say that is because i used to have very good street tyres and went to these that are good in the dry but are no where near as good as my old tyres in the wet. not that ive lost control or anything with them in the wet but i feel that they are a bit skittish and unpredictable in the wet compared to my old ones. (old tyres were michelin pilot sports)

This has been my experience too. I tested them the first time it heavily rained after fitting them and they pulled up as quick, if not quicker than my original tyres (which still had tread left). Not saying they're awesome wet weather tyres, but they're certainly not terrible.

But good news anyway, bom.gov.au is now saying no rain for Saturday.

I'm surprised to at what people don't think is any good in the wet. A good set of semis is far better in the wet than plain old road tyres. I found my old A048s were far better than road tyres at Winton in the wet. I don't put the ku36s in that class but I would expect them to be more than capable in the wet.

Can't wait for sat!

I'm surprised to at what people don't think is any good in the wet. A good set of semis is far better in the wet than plain old road tyres. I found my old A048s were far better than road tyres at Winton in the wet. I don't put the ku36s in that class but I would expect them to be more than capable in the wet.

Can't wait for sat!

Semis are definantly better in the wet than streets once they warm up. When they are cold they are terrible. A050s are the only exception as they arent too bad cold... thats why they cost the most i guess.

I want to enter this next round, what cams licence do i need to get to go in this as well as for drift days?
CAMS is $100/12 months and you must have club membership with a CAMS affiliated club (I see you have SAU Vic members, so no problem).

Link - http://cams.com.au/en/Development/Get%20In...ce%20Types.aspx

You need to get the Level 2 Speed License

AASA is $50/12 months

Link - http://australianautosportalliance.com/aas...9&Itemid=45

You need the Club Racing License

If you are able to arrange one before the day of the event, it makes your morning and my morning much easier.

Id do it ASAP, and make sure you tell them you need it by the competition date.

Otherwise, you can fill out a form and pay on the morning of the event.

Regarding which license to get - its completely up to you and which events you plan on doing in the future.

If you have any intention of going to Sandown or Phillip Island, they will only accept CAMS.

If you are just planning on doing our DECA's and maybe a Winton, get AASA.

Your call :)

Hope this helps

interesting to read that slicks can be good in wet. but yeh i don't know how you guys get enough heat into them for a deca day. with the spread out driving format i'm not going to consider it.

i hear that often. you basicly had no traction on the skidpan in a straight line. i found it quite interesting at the time, and you were complaining about tyres at the mexican joint. my mate Karlos (the blue VN guy) and i were sitting at the table near you

having a chat to a supra driver a status tuning today he said someone rolled there car at deca last weekend on the back track they were going pretty hard and come off and over it went..got a nistune for the stagea today 164 kw and a bit more response so see how it goes on the skid pan

Ouch...did he say if it was a 4WD? You can roll a car almost anywhere as long as you have something to tip the centre of gravity :)

Ouch...did he say if it was a 4WD? You can roll a car almost anywhere as long as you have something to tip the centre of gravity :)

That's it. I know a number of cars have had big accidents out on the back track. Years ago (prob '99ish) I saw a very high powered Datto 120y hit the tree, going clockwise towards the 2nd hill, coming out of the lh sweeper. Destroyed it. Earlier that day his daughter lost it into the first turn, went through the fence into the paddock where the houses are now. That was a sprintrun by the Shep car club. I was running in my red mazda (in my avatar)

Thanks to everyone pointing me in the direction of tyres. Kumho has no 225-45-17s in stock in nsw or vic. Luckily Essendon tyre power had a very good set of second hand 225s which suit me perfect! 225s front, 255s rear. Thanks again guys! Can't wait for Saturday!

That's it. I know a number of cars have had big accidents out on the back track. Years ago (prob '99ish) I saw a very high powered Datto 120y hit the tree, going clockwise towards the 2nd hill, coming out of the lh sweeper. Destroyed it. Earlier that day his daughter lost it into the first turn, went through the fence into the paddock where the houses are now. That was a sprintrun by the Shep car club. I was running in my red mazda (in my avatar)

Thanks to everyone pointing me in the direction of tyres. Kumho has no 225-45-17s in stock in nsw or vic. Luckily Essendon tyre power had a very good set of second hand 225s which suit me perfect! 225s front, 255s rear. Thanks again guys! Can't wait for Saturday!

Was your Series 4 down at Centreline in the past couple of weeks? They had one down there that looks just like the one in your avatar.