SAU Community

V36 Sat Nav Conversion

We are currently working on converting the V35/M35 series 2 cars and we hope to have this ready by mid this year (shit this is getting close).

The schedule is that once the V35 series 2 is complete we will be working on a solution for the V36. This is aimed to be in place late this year.

Cheers

Andy

Please explain more :)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please explain more :ninja:

There is a software developer in Russia who has said he can create a firmware upgrade for the V36 system that will change the screen language to English. He has estimated that it would be ready by the end of this year.

Cheers

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
We are currently working on converting the V35/M35 series 2 cars and we hope to have this ready by mid this year (shit this is getting close).

The schedule is that once the V35 series 2 is complete we will be working on a solution for the V36. This is aimed to be in place late this year.

Cheers

Andy

Andy,

I'll be in this for sure when its ready. We have about 5 V36 drivers up here in Singapore so I will spread the word that a potential solution is near.

Thanks

Rick

Am looking forward also for the V36 language software change! As for the navigation I have used a Garmin hide away unit and have run it through the camera system and turn it on and off via a switch. The easy way was just to use the Aux Inputs in the consuel, but I wanted to still be able to listen to music with the nav running (the Gamin has it's own aux speaker you can mount any where)

It works a treat!

Does anyone know the difference between the Aus 370Z and the V36 Skyline centre console screen/sat nav ? looks the same in the photos ?

Just wondering if its the same and therefore possible to upgrade into English ?

entirely different. its a $4-5k exercise if you wnat to attempt it.

Thought ur name looked familiar ... had many a discussion with u about the MMCS on the OZVR4 site about 2 years ago ... (aka. takumi, had a legnum before i moved back to nissan)

Shame they didn't use the same system ...

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Guys, I am also new to the site. I have a 2007 V36 370GT Coupe and have had it now for a little over 18 months. I think I might have been one of the first in Aus to have one. Anyway I have taken the plunge and bought the whole in-dash set up from the States, the Jap voice was giving me the shits. I bought the screen, loom, all panels the button cluster, brain, and it even came with the little analog clock. (Infiniti decals and all). it was a little $$$ but hey I paid so much for the car already. I am looking for a a decent car tuning store that can set this all up for me in Syd. I realise to an extent I am the cop but I just want my car to work. I know the GPS will be US but I will deal with that later.

Any help would be appreciated. also if you see me around Syd, holla at me as I am a Brissy boy and I don't really know many people in the Syd car scene Pics on my profile

PS: Just a tip for anyone who wants to source the english buttons from the states and retro fit. The US buttons are all backwards, due to LHD [/size][/size]

How have you progressed with this :bunny:

There is a software developer in Russia who has said he can create a firmware upgrade for the V36 system that will change the screen language to English. He has estimated that it would be ready by the end of this year.

Cheers

Andy

Hello Andy,

I am interested in this. Please keep me informed as I would love to get my V36 converted

Cheers

Chris

• 1 month later...

I've also got an 08 370gt in red and am very interested in the language conversion. I heard it was coming but didn't think it would be so soon. Great news, please keep us updated. Also i'm having the factory Nav unit modified with the Aus maps and voices using all the factory components inc touch screen and controlls etc. Ill let you know how it goes and post some pics asuming all goes well!

I've also got an 08 370gt in red and am very interested in the language conversion. I heard it was coming but didn't think it would be so soon. Great news, please keep us updated. Also i'm having the factory Nav unit modified with the Aus maps and voices using all the factory components inc touch screen and controlls etc. Ill let you know how it goes and post some pics asuming all goes well!

So is this the aux GARMIN solution? how exactly are you having the FACTORY NAV unit modified with AUS maps & voices? Will voice command work as well?

I would LOVE to see how they implement that one. touch screen yes. full controls - I do not think so.

at best you will grab the touch overlay , redirect that into a chinese navi box and then have something that partially works.

voice command - nup.

I have one to do in a week and a bit myself and that will be done with garmin and tie all the cameras in as well. audio will be external as this is a bose car. I have a proper video interface I use for these cars.

who is doing the job?

I have the Gamin hide away and it works well. I have it running through the camera system. I use the centre speaker for the sat nav as I don't use it for the cd. I have replaced all the speakers and amps and run a sub.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all, No progress on the JDM/USDM conversion as yet. I am still over seas and have put my car up for sale. If there is anyone on here that would like to purchase the car, check it out on car sales. It will be sold with the USDM setup (unfitted) but is all there ready to go. I think when I get back I will be purchasing and R35

Cheers and sorry I couldnt add to the thread.

if soome can find me a place to host a 30gb image I'll unlock and image the CKV36 I have here. then we can play. looking at it from teh outside there is a boot loader on the CPU and the rest is HDD based.

I figure there are enough people on here that are IT based and smart enough to pull this thing apart. I can do hardware but I'm not the best with software.

Hey Scarf, This is for the V36 Sat Nav. Talk to Chris Rogers as I believe there is already a fix for the V35. Hope you enjoy your new toy.

Sorry, I meant the V36. Can't wait to pick it up :)