SAU Community

No more RE540s, what next?

Steve

Well, it appears bridgestone have decided to take a very popular tyre off the production line.

This is being replaced by RE55, which I have been told is very soft, and wont last long (a few thousand kms).

Does anyone know of a comparable tyre to the RE540? Similar grip, wear, price?

Cheers

Steve

well i think these r expensive but the looked to have worn well drifting 2 laps around Tsukuba in a s14

Advan Neova AD07's im talking about

but i think the price is a bit too scarey for most

:) :)

If they are good for drift, I dont think they will be doing me any favours

I've run the re55s, they are spectacular, but like you said....too soft.

I did hear a rumour that the initial batch were softer than the factory wanted and that future tyres will be a different compound. I'm sure Gordon Levin in Emu Plains could confirm, they are the NSW distributor.

As for options, the Dunlop D03js are also out, I haven't tried them yet and they are more expensive....but the D01js were v similar to the old re540s.

Id be interested to hear from anyone who has used the D03js and how they compare?

Hi guys, we use Yokohama A032R's for circuit races (Improved Production and Combined Touring control tyre). They were about 1/2 second slower around Eastern Creek, but lasted longer, that the 540 in the dry. They were heaps faster in the wet though. They seem to be a popular tyre in Targa Tas as well, almost all of the cars I have seen use them.

Gordy supplies them as well.

Sydneykid, what do you know about the Pirelli's they use in the v8brutes series?

Adrian

I know that they suck lol.

They're not real r tyres (dunlop I think, not pirellis)....my car on formula rs is as quick as a brute around wakefield park. Pretty poor really.

I know the Dunlop D01Js were very similarly priced to the RE540s, and very similar in performance...

Dundan, have you got any more info on those D03Js? Google returned nothing...