SAU Community

Nuclear Skyline Gtr

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I was really happy with how they fit up... They will go on permanently when the paint is done with sikaflex so the ends (Very thing i know) will be painted up to match, and the metal lay will match perfectly!

You speaketh!

I would try to find a genuine GTR bar if i was you
Agreed, genuine would be better. Nice looking car tho.
+1 for genuine GTR bar

I listen-eth!!!!

gallery_43534_3792_1008704.jpg

gallery_43534_3792_316228.jpg

gallery_43534_3792_1028259.jpg

An lovely genuine bar, with genuine lower lip and genuine plastic N1 vents!!! Lots of thanks to Import Monster! The packaging was extreme, but it got here without breaking!

• 2 weeks later...

Installed a autometer boost gauge I had lying around today. Should be interesting to see where the boost gets to, if one can believe an Autometer guage... I went through my parts cupboard!!! Found a whole lot of interesting things - mostly to do with the mini panel van I am restoring... This is what my shed looks like at the moment.

IMG_0126.jpg

I dropped into Just Jap this afternoon as I had a few parts I wanted to pick up before the car goes in for it's respray next week... I have been thinking long and hard as to finishing off the N1 bodykit - so the bonnet lip and rear N1 spoiler.

Well, I was plnning on buying the bonnet lip and they didnt have any of their fibreglass ones left so I picked up one of the carbon fibre ones. It will be painted so no one will be able to tell the difference anyway...

IMG_0211.jpg

Where I have been really uncertain is what to do about the rear N1 spoiler... I think they make the rear look quite 'complex' is the only way I can describe it, maybe too busy - messes up the clear lines... I asked the boys at Just Jap to bring one down so I could look at it on my car and they said they had a genuine OEM spoiler. Well, I like OEM gear - makes the car better'er :verymad: Well in my opinion anyway... It weighs bugger all as well! THe paint is in shoddy order, but nothing some rubbing cannot fix :cool:

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

I pulled the bar off the front of the car this afternoon and it was fun :P

I will do a DIY write up soon for people that are interested.

But here is the progression of the photos at least.

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

I am not planning changing the intercooler at this stage in the game unless something really good comes along at the right price. I rubbed the front of the cooler back and gave it a prepsol...

IMG_0220.jpg

Then sprayed the front very lightly with engine enamel... This was the result...

IMG_0221.jpg

I need to get the car ready for driving down to get sprayed so had to mount the number plate back on.

IMG_0223.jpg

nice looking car mate. should look good once complete!

just an observation but it looks like you will need a new front reo bar as the one currently on your car don't have the holes for the n1 vents in your new bar to poke through?

and haha i have the same socket set :)

I dropped the car off today to have the paint done.... And I hate going to ye ol' shop - makes me want to quit my current job and go back to working there... Check out some of the rides they're working on atm.

gallery_43534_3854_59313.jpg

gallery_43534_3854_16701.jpg

gallery_43534_3854_76413.jpg

I didnt go into the build side of the shop where the painted cars are kept today - but will get some photos of some of the cars next time... The boss was in painting a Camaro this morning when I went.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I update with awesome photos of the car finished? Um, no... Can I update with the care being fiddled and fixed? YES. Basically yesterday when I had gotten a lift and arrived in Fairy Meadow I got a call saying the car wouldnt be ready... I was already in town so decided to hang around and work on the car. I also bagged myself my old job back!!! Now I get to work a day a week at the hot rod shop! Really this is a shits and giggles job for me as it doesnt pay anywhere near as much as my other job but I love it.

The car was in a little worse shape than I had originally thought (aren't they all?). The drivers side sill at the rear was completely shot. Not only the outer sill, but also the inner. So we had to cut it out and fabricate a new inner sill and outer sill patch which was quite big. The rear drivers wheel arch was kinda also rooted so we had to patch the bottom of it and weld up the outer panel... Good fun...

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

The rear of the guard where it attaches to the rear valence behind the rear bumper had a couple of sections along the seam where the guard had rusted out on both sides...

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

So we had to fabricate up some new patches and weld the bastards in...

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

Also had to clean up the front guard where it had coroded! I didnt think that would be very common in the aluminium guards!

Before:

gallery_43534_3785_629263.jpg

After:

IMG_0254.jpg

Then it was onto the fun job of sanding!!! You dont realise how much shit there is to sand on modern cars until you have to do one.... detachable side skirts, N1 lips and spoilers, etc... It was good fun though....

IMG_0242.jpg

The car should be ready next friday - or so I am told...