SAU Community

Why Don't We Run Gas?

the extra weight will hurt the performance big time.

if you really wanna got for cheap fuel convert to E85 or even have the car detuned to run on 91 ULP.

or keep the 5k and whack a Gt3037 Pro S on the car

composite gas cylinders are very light. worlds apart from your household variety steel gas tanks

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

some people clock up a lot of mileage. over enough time it becomes economically viable. depending on how much you drive, it could be a year to recoup the cost, it could be several. if you're planning on keeping the car, then its worth it.

composite gas cylinders are very light. worlds apart from your household variety steel gas tanks

dont think they are legal here, i maybe wrong though.

Our tow car has 200 litres of usable gas makes 180rwkw so im not against gas just its use in a skyline :P

My bad, sorry, that stag has liquid injection.

Feels like around 170awkw, its a daily driver, just has exhaust and a high flow turbo (stocker failed and what idiot would replace ceramic with ceramic when a high flow is so cheap)

depends really....if you want big power from your fuel e85 is a no brainer.

but if you would still like to move around quickly but spend less on fuel, LPG is very do-able.

Mark has had his lpg gtr running now for 12 months although I think he never updated the thread....probably got sick of people telling him it could never work, so he just did it....

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Lp...html&hl=lpg

I think gas and LPG [ignoring for the moment its tendency to bleve] are good to go, I don't think a skyline is the right medium to do it.

Go and get a family truckster and plumb away!!!!

Not saying it can't be done, be like racing a shetland in the Melbourne Cup - knock yourself out!!!

if i used my skyline as my daily i'd go gas for sure. my patrol is turbo gas(250rwkw) and my old stag, the one n1gtr is talking about, is as well. i've seen up to 600hp so far with no issues and that's with single converter and 6 injectors. if anyone is interested in getting it done let me know.

depends really....if you want big power from your fuel e85 is a no brainer.

but if you would still like to move around quickly but spend less on fuel, LPG is very do-able.

Mark has had his lpg gtr running now for 12 months although I think he never updated the thread....probably got sick of people telling him it could never work, so he just did it....

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Lp...html&hl=lpg

theres no reason it wouldnt work our sv6 we had for 6 months had liquid injection on it and made about the same as a std gtr at the wheels, i just think the technology for decent power LGI (250 up) is just not reliable enough or cost effective, give it another year or so.

Mixer type is a no brainer but subject to different power levels with the climate.

Google "hydroxy" or "Browns Gas"

Litterally thousands of people runn fuuny little tubes into they're cars, trucks and vans.

They end up putting more energy into producing the gas than the extra energy it provides.... Interesting though.

the extra weight will hurt the performance big time.

if you really wanna got for cheap fuel convert to E85 or even have the car detuned to run on 91 ULP.

or keep the 5k and whack a Gt3037 Pro S on the car

That's all fine and well, if E85 was even slightly common, but there's all of about 3 servos in Melbourne that sell E85 making it pretty darn impractical.

I like the idea of a Skyline GTST on LPG as a daily driver.

Let's take high performance requirements out of the equation and talk in daily duty terms.

Pros and cons of running a daily Skyline on LPG?

I contacted the liquid LPG guys about a year ago and they said it was only available for common cars (ie Falcon and Commodore) and there was no universal kit available at that time. I wonder if things have changed. It does sound very tempting...

damn i would of liked the idea of cheaper fuel... i drive to the city everyday in my car and i go through sooo much.. im fillin up every 2nd or 3rd day >.< .. average 250 a tank :banana:.

is there a way to regulate the fuel flow without losing the power??

mate looked at doing this on his soarer recently, currently making 275rwkw. he asked a well known (amongst soarer ppl) tuner what his thoughts were. he said the current systems are too unreliable, and to go with a mixer type setup for both power and reliability...

as above, give it time for the tech to develope a bit (and the price to drop) and then it may be a more realistic option. either that or get a mixer setup now

also, some people will spout off octane numbers like lpg is something special, but with it being less energy dense, and i believe it has a slower burn rate also, i dont think its noticably better than 98 (any tuners feel free to correct me on this)