SAU Community

99 R34Gtr Vspec, Now Stroked!

So any graphs of these turbos vs -5s from your tuner to give an idea of torque and power through the 4,000-6,000rpm range?

I don't have a graph but initial grunt on mine at 5000 RPM is 365-375 RWKW at 24 psi. Rough figures as cams haven't been touched yet. That's on -5's.

Both 2.8s, Interesting to see the difference in grunt. i am more interested in shape of torque curves as I am only RWD with not much tyre of downforce so ...

Give me a few weeks.

I don't have a graph but initial grunt on mine at 5000 RPM is 365-375 RWKW at 24 psi. Rough figures as cams haven't been touched yet. That's on -5's.

I'd like to see what gtx's @ 5k make on a similar setup

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Well fast forward to now and I am building a new engine for it.

Reason being oil in the coolant. On teardown I found cracks in the deck (marked in green). The oil was seeping pass the cracks at the headbolt holes and into the coolant galleries. I thought at first it was the dreaded cylinder head. Fingers crossed no more oil in the coolant with this one.

The old engine has had 3 different turbo setups on it, gtx2860', hks T51r spl and '5's. She was a good donk since 2012 until the cracked deck.

So while I was getting another virgin rb26 block machined I went ahead and bought a nitto 2.8 stroker kit. One reason why I didn't reuse the tomei setup was the crank and shorter rods. It is not a full counter crank, so the setup was replaced.

New setup will run on e85 and the Gtx2860 turbos.

Setup as follows:

05u block 86.5mm

Ported head with bigger intake valves

Nitto 2.8 stroker kit

Arp studs

N1 water pump

Nitto oil pump

Ati 1000hp damper

High octane Crank trigger kit

Acl race bearings

Otomoto 260deg vcam

Jun 252deg exhaust cam

Haltec ecu

Frenchies performance billet fuel hat and twin walbro 450L pumps

1350cc injectors

Twin feed rail

Will be good to get it all back together and run in. Dunno what it'll put out on the dyno but it should be good.

Also got the getrag box freshened up and rebuilt with carbon synchros and a new 2nd gear, hub, slider etc, as the synchro teeth had seen better days.

Front prop shaft was also rebuilt with new uni joints.

Don't ask how much all this costs. I could of sold this car and bought a 35gtr, but couldn't bring myself to do it. Hope I made the right choice!

20170625_104538.jpg

20170831_164203.jpg

20170831_170451.jpg

20170831_154235.jpg

20170825_162539.jpg

20170626_165127.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...