SAU Community

Rear End Half Cut For R33 GTR ?

well, I'm in the "your an idiot" camp.

But since this is about half-cuts.

My old race car was a full cut n shut, and it drove no worse than any of the other cars. Remembering that these cars were used to the *full* potential of their performance.

For those who don't support half cuts, are you 100% sure it is not as sound as a full car when done correctly, chasis straightened and inspected for other damage correctly? I thik you'll find that the welded section is stronger than the factory car....

This might be very well true when done correctly by an engineer.

but that's not always the case, and I have seen photos of several examples where in a small hit, the welds have come undone and the car has split in two along the join...

Sounds like ylwgtr2 knows what he's doing so that's good that he's helping MINES_DATSUN out...

how does someone like this get a GTR his parent. no way id let my son have a gtr, get a car you can handle like a vw learn to drive before playing with the big boy.. guys like you give the rest a bad name.......one word immature.....

do what gtrboy did start small

pics of my car

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

finally got off my ass, and got a camera for my car to take some pics, i set up a webpage, its only a civic but i think its ok for my first car, seeing as i got it for 2k cash, nyways leave a comment if u want

cheers

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/500026

- Dont be a Fool, Stay in School

When I get some money I wont be a **********EDIT!

http://members.cardomain.com/civic91sdn

Wow , fairly savage comments fellas :)

The guy has crashed his car and for that I feel sorry but glad he is still posting the story to tell.I know he only seems to post in the for sale but he is still part of this forum which strangely enough is actually like a family( which I like some more than others, same as a normal family).lol

For those who have bagged him I say to lighten up. What , you all have never sped or skidded the wheels around a corner??

If you can honestly say that then you should be driving a Lada or something equally as boring :headspin:

As for fixing the car...

You all think that the cars you own are all Grade 4 , nevr been smashed , pristine one owner cars. HAAAHAAAHAAA.

Have a REAL close look and you might be surprised. A good cut and shut( and there is a few out there) is almost undetectable and surprisingly is actually stronger than factory becuase 90% of the time is fully seam welded and not just stitched ala. as in the factory.

Anyway, to Mines Datsun , you may have annoyed me with your numerous flogging stuff posts but I do feel for you with destroying a beautiful car :mad:

Cheers and commiserations

Ken

Wow , fairly savage comments fellas :)

The guy has crashed his car and for that I feel sorry but glad he is still posting the story to tell.I know he only seems to post in the for sale but he is still part of this forum which strangely enough is actually like a family( which I like some more than others, same as a normal family).lol

For those who have bagged him I say to lighten up. What , you all have never sped or skidded the wheels around a corner??

If you can honestly say that then you should be driving a Lada or something equally as boring :headspin:

As for fixing the car...

You all think that the cars you own are all Grade 4 , nevr been smashed , pristine one owner cars. HAAAHAAAHAAA.

Have a REAL close look and you might be surprised. A good cut and shut( and there is a few out there) is almost undetectable and surprisingly is actually stronger than factory becuase 90% of the time is fully seam welded and not just stitched ala. as in the factory.

Anyway, to Mines Datsun , you may have annoyed me with your numerous flogging stuff posts but I do feel for you with destroying a beautiful car :mad:

Cheers and commiserations

Ken[/quote

Thanks man

Wow , fairly savage comments fellas :mad:  

Savage comments....

Jamezilla owns a Lada & a GTR. But between me & you :D anyone that own 2 cars so far apart in character, is also know as [spelling] skitz-o-fenic ..

PS: Jamezilla, just havin a laugh mate No.H.F :)

well i say i can easly get 15K since there is lots of the car that is in fine condition. i plan to get a r32 gtr 89 model with every peny i have saved.

Fark me. Until now I had a tiny bit of respect for you because you seemed intent on driving a Gemini after this. But less than 24 hours after the accident which should have taught you the lesson of your life you're going straight back to where you came from. You are an absolute twat.

If there was an organisation I could donate money to to keep you off the streets they'd have $100 from me right now.

MINES_DATSUN

Lets be rational and serious for one moment.

Your a fcuking idiot who needs his head read.

The majority of your posts of this forum have been pathetic and a true indication of how immature you really are. Who on this earth would allow someone such as yourself behind the wheel of such a potent car with your driving attitude is well beyond me.

As with many others on this board, I worry, not for you but for other people whom you share the road with. All of which are put at great risk by your lack of care for the way you drive or those around you.

Consider yourself incredibly privelidged to have owned a GTR. If, after destroying one and damn near getting yourself killed, you make the insane decision to step into ANOTHER GTR then I hope you are banned from driving for life for this might be the only way to ensure that other cars and people are not at risk from your reckless and downright fcuked up driving attitude.

Out.

I stop and think if i was in his shoes (Thankfully im not)..but i would probably get back into a GTR if i could.

Mines, the fact that your parents are pissed at you, you have probably let both them and yourself down, wasted a lot of their money, could have hurt someone etc etc... if your going to get back behind the wheel, tone it down man.

It sounds like your fortunate enough to have the money, so take it to Calder, Phillip Island, Winton etc etc. Ans dont go bolting a roll cage in your car, just drive like a normal human being... perhaps even re-think about why you were driving like you were and whether you are seriously going to change.