SAU Community

Timing Belt

JAS-25T

Guest RedLineGTR

Got mine done for $300 dont know about labour but that was the price altogether...would of been $330 made a deal with them to pay cash and no reciept. This was with no other pullys etc changed etc just the timing belt itself.

Guest RedLineGTR

no because i done it when i got it straight from japan..had a genuine 70,000km on it. did it just in case...but yes it would be worth doing the water pump too at that time and the tensionor pully and idler pully too if u have the spare money..while they have all the stuff off. I will get back to you tommorrow about it. PM ME so i will have it as a reminder if you want so i dont forget. Thanks Rob. I'm not saying you will get the exact same price but u can always talk to the guys thier about it.

with a timing belt theres no need to change the water pump. However i would advise the change of the timing belt tensioner as this has been known to sieze and then timing belt snaps and....well u are then up for lots of dollars getting the head reco'd. Havent seen it happen myself but im sure others can tell u of there experiences

Guest RedLineGTR

BUt while your doing it you might has well do the water pump...but usually they start leaking slowly and you have some time before you will have to take it to a shop to fix it up.

i hear ya buddy. If u have to take it too a shop to get the work done then yeah i agree it would be worthwhile getting it done at the same time but timing belt isnt a hard job. Aslong as u line the timing marks up then all will go smoothly. :)