SAU Community

R34 sedan info

oh, I should also say I've got the late R34 GTT nissan brochure (24 pages and lots of pics), but it is a bit to big to put up here in the forum.. I'm building a new skyline site right now, I'll put it up on that soon...

Ian

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob, it's all on that site up the top.

You can also go to history.nissan.co.jp and it tells you all the different specs there. I think it was 1998.5 to 2000.8 for series 1 and 2000.8 to 2001.6 for series 2.

Or you can just look at the pics Dave posted - they're definitely series 2s.

BTW Dave, according to the site above, they changed the turbo in the series 2 - that and an ECU tweak might have accounted for the 343 to 363Nm jump.

Yep, the 4 door silver one above is a 4 door R34 GTT, with after market panels added. It's also got the factory optional window tinting of the rear windows, and the 'wind guard' around the front windows..

ie it's the same car as I drive :-)

I'm not sure what the difference was between the GT-X Turbo, and the GTT, though most of the web sites I've seen ie  

http://history.jbskyline.net/index5.php#10thgen

think that the X is the model down.

The X turbo is definitely not the model down. Here's the extras that it gets over the plain turbo -

Xenon lights standard (option for 25GT)

Automatic light system (not available on 25GT)

Driver's seat vanity mirror (not available on 25GT)

8 speaker "Holographic" sound system with CD (25GT has 4 speaker cassette with no option to go to the 8 speaker setup)

I think they also made some changes to the LSD on later model R34's. Definitely better to get a post MY2000 car if you can, though I do prefer the bumpers on the earlier models...

Yeah, I'd like the power and the small extras you get on the series 2, but I can't handle the interior, the front bar and the lip spoiler. I think they were trying to make it a transitional model for the V35.

Spoken like someone who has not driven a 34... :-) :-)

I have driven a vast variety of imported and exotic cars, I would love to own a 34 4 door have only driven 2 door GTT and GTR, but my 33 is sweet and i have still too much work to do to it to get it to where i'm happy.

Either that or i will get the part of my brain removed that makes me love cars too much!!

BTW as an aside, does anyone know if the 25GT-X Turbo models have different badging on the back from the plain 25GTt? I haven't found any close up shots of one - only the 25GTt (maybe the GT-X turbo has the same sticker, so that's why I can't find a shot of a GT-X sticker).

A 25GT-X Turbo does exist, it was only in production between 98/05-00/07.

I also believe that's how the badges look like but never bother to notice if they did also have the GT-t along the bottom.

In all honestly the difference you will find between models apart from trims and specs are the production periods and transmission type available for that period.

Like the only difference between the FRNA: 25GT, 25GT-V and 25GT-X...is the 25GT was released as 4AT all but the last production period between 00/08-01/05, the 25GT-V was available in both 4AT/5MT but only for 2 production periods 98/08-00/07 & 00/08-01/05 and the 25GT-X was made only with 4AT in all production periods respectively. Primiarly the difference between the GT-X and others aside the 25GT Four/L Selection was they were also available in 4WD.

Oh Dave this is the reason why I though you had a 4dr sedan...thanks for pointing that out to me :cheers:.

Thanks for the info Lee. Are you sure about the GT-X being only available in auto though? I've seen a few manual versions that I thought were GT-X's, but if what you're saying is right, then they must have just been plain GT turbos.

Also, those GTX badges are horrible. How could Nissan put that on the back! If I do get one, then it's being debadged the day I get it.

no no no..."25GT-X Turbo" that's the model name (not sure on the badging sorry) came in both 4AT/5MT between 98/05-99/07 & 99/08-00/07 so check for those built periods and you'll be right. Rest are all 4AT NA either FR/4WD, pity though a 4WD turbo variants would have been nice.

I've always like the R34 drs, there is black GT-t parked outside my office lowered on Nismo rims...very sexy.

note: I'll leave you guys to check what the trims/specs are, but the GT-X Turbo model was the most expensive in the ER34 lineup about 3Mil-3.2Mil when new...an no offence to 2dr owners this was also a more expensive car then a 25GT-t 2dr.

I guess I got a little lost in your first post :cheers: Thanks again for the info. Actually, I had a look on Nissan's History site and noticed that they dropped the GT-X Turbo from the lineup for the 2nd series anyway. So I'm guaranteed to get one from that period if it's turbo (like you said, the GT-X did continue into the 2nd series).

i am definately going to buy a R33 4 door skyline at the end of this year at the very latest and with this thread being on the topic of 4 doors i was wondering -

a)if anyone knows of any Australian websites of R33 4 door skylines that have been modified as i cant seem to find any

b)also if there are any good sites regarding information on bodykits and stuff for them

c)if anyone can point me to any relevant threads about modifying or general info about 4 door skylines on this forum (i have tried to search several times but cant find much stuff )

d)would we be able to start up a 4 door section on the forums

any help very much appreciated

I don't wanna throw a spanner in the works here, but this is what I've got:

2.5 25GT 98/05~01/05 FR MT/AT

2.5 25GT-V 99/08~01/05 FR MT/AT

2.5 25GT-X 98/05~01/05 FR AT only

2.5 25GT FOUR 98/05~00/07 4WD MT/AT

2.5 25GT Turbo 98/05~01/05 FR MT/AT

2.5 25GT-X FOUR 98/05~01/05 4WD AT only

2.5 25GT-X Turbo 98/05~00/07 FR MT/AT

Are you using Car Sensor Troy?

and from the source I use:

2.0 GT Sedan 5MT

2.0 GT Sedan AT

2.0 GT Coupe 5MT

2.0 GT Coupe AT

2.5 25GT Sedan AT

2.5 25GT Coupe 5MT

2.5 25GT-X Sedan AT

2.5 25GT Coupe AT

2.5 25GT FOUR Sedan 5MT

2.5 25GT FOUR Sedan AT

2.5 25GT FOUR Coupe 5MT

2.5 25GT ターボ Sedan 5MT

2.5 25GT ターボ Coupe 5MT

2.5 25GT-X FOUR Sedan AT

2.5 25GT FOUR Coupe AT

2.5 25GT ターボ Sedan AT

2.5 25GT ターボ Coupe AT

2.5 25GT-X ターボ Sedan MT

2.5 25GT-X ターボ Sedan AT

:D

No major spanners thrown in there :D Both of your sources seem to line up pretty well with what I know except for the dates on yours Rezz. Maybe Nissan didn't want to put up a 3rd series on their history website (history.nissan.co.jp) so just simplified it into 2, because the dates you give do line up with other sites on the web. Nissan claim the GT-V starts in 2000.8 when the rest of the series 2 started, but it clealy doesn't from the other sites. This would explain why that top link I put up noticed there was a 3rd series (or another half series like in the R33s). So maybe there really was a model change at 1999.8?

This is all good info for me. I've learnt so much about the R34 4 doors over the last month just reading Japanese sites in Babelfish and talking to you Japanese experts here on the forums :D

I believe GT-V sedan came out before the Coupe version.
Yes, everything I posted above was about the 4-door, if theres any confusion...