SAU Community

Poll - Which Wheel Colour For R34 Gtt?

Which wheels look best on a silver R34 GTT sedan?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey all,

I'm planning on painting my stock R34 GTT wheels but still a bit undecided about the colour. The car is sonic silver and completely stock, with stock silver GTT rims (current photos here).

The 'traditional' options would be either black or white, and the more out there ones either red or blue. Here's a photoshop (car is chopped lower in side shot):

2872678820102364341S600x600Q85.jpg

What do you reckon? Any other options? Or leave as is? :D

Yeah i agree, the darker colours, black and a dark gun metal grey is fn cool! White doesn't do it for me and orange and blue errr.. definately not to my taste. Black and gunmetal are more timeless as well.

Hey bud,

personally in my opinion, white wheels look best on either white or strong coloured (e.g. blue, red, purple) cars, but black wheels look fantastic on any colour, especially weaker colours like grey or silver.

i also think if you do re-spray them, get them powder coated professionally, and make sure you get a gloss on the colour, the matte look makes the wheels look a bit too DIY and tacky, i've seen it in person and i just think a gloss black is the best colour for GT-t wheels.

oh and besides, any step towards the Z-tune is definitely a step in the right direction

nismoz-tunedaikokufutotokyo15jpg-1.jpg

gloss black GT-t wheels

1773121_4.jpg

all the best with it, make sure to post pics when your done!

danny

Thanks guys, sounds like the consensus so far is black. I am still considering the white as well, haven't seen any stock GTT rims in that colour as yet.

Cheers for the pics Danny, the Z-tune looks awesome! It's gonna take quite a few steps to make my taxi resemble anything like that I reckon :D I am planning on painting the wheels myself (along these instructions) but I'll make sure to spend some proper time prepping them beforehand.

y dont u just leave them the stock silver color and go buy some rims bro????
don't waste the money on stock rims

Cos I quite like the design of the stockies, just not the colour :)

Plus I reckon I should be able to do a somewhat decent home job for around $150, can't really get new rims for that...

how much does it cost roughly to take it to a shop to do this?? And if any one knows any post up a recommendation

I've seen prices between $50-$100 per wheel depending on how much work is needed (repairs might be more still) and how much of the prep you do yourself.

Not really worth it for the GTT stockies I reckon, just saw a whole set advertised for $150...

• 1 month later...

Ok here's how they turned out, I went matte white for the wheels:

2908481460102364341S600x600Q85.jpg

2651682440102364341S600x600Q85.jpg

Apologies for the photo quality, we've been a bit short of sunlight recently...

I can't say I'd recommend DIY painting though, it's a lot of work. But I'm happy with the results :thumbsup:

Edited by V28VX37