SAU Community

M35 Bov?

spoolin12

• 2 months later...

I must admit that when I first read through this thread I drew conclusions from the text, but didn't listen to Chris's audio recording. At Billy's insistence I listened today and it's EXACTLY the noise I get, so I'm 99% sure it's the BOV.

So my options are either to buy a new one (Nissan or aftermarket), swap with someone and test, or block off and test. I hear aluminum cans work a treat :thumbsup:

I just rang Turbosmart to get the low-down on what the most suitable BOV is for the M35.

The Kompact Plumb Back - Nissan (TS-0203-1226) is suitable for the stock ceramic turbo and for a GCG Highflow PROVIDING you don't turn up the boost. So that is pretty much a no go for those who wish to dial up the power output in regards to PSI.

The best option for a higher PSI is the Nissan Dual Port (TS-0205-1026), as mentioned earlier you cannot run the trumpet due to the restricted space, it is recommended you don't have the trumpet on and block the outlet (Turbosmart have a Port Blanking Plug that does the job). The unit would have to operate as 100% Plumb Back (which was what I'm after anyway).

I've just had a quick look on the net and the pricing is around $460.00 for the Nissan Dual Port.

If anyone can offer any feedback on the Nissan Dual Port please do :)

Aaron and Scotty, this is what I was on about on Saturday night. This is what I was told by both Turbosmart and MTQ. I know you keep saying that I can run the Kompact with the softer spring Aaron, but I don't get why they keep saying the Kompact is only for lower boost applications?

Both say they're suitable for Stageas, Kompact runs $153 plus shipping, Dual Port is $310 plus shipping. Neither will exactly break the bank but I'm guessing they're cheaper/easier than a new factory Nissan BOV.

As far as I can tell, Turbosmart are the easiest to get plumb back BOVs. I know there are Blitz, Greddy, etc, but they don't seem to do plumb backs.

did you see the price he was quoted for a dual port?

thats why we arent allowed to use the cheaper one. just replace cant run high enough boost with we cant get a higher pay.

honestly i ran the kompact series for ages with no worries at all. soft spring is fine and that was at 20psi.if our stock ones are handling it with just a plate and shaft design, im sure a piston design that the kompact has will outdo the job fine

Yep. Have for a while. Just trying to work out how best to fix it.

Aaron keeps trying to save me money :whistling:

do you really want something that sticks out like dogs balls, as compared to something almost unoticable..

the later kompact series are completely adjustable aswell.

Agree, but how it works is more important.

Fine, I'll just order the Kompact with the soft spring. Should fix the issue (I hope).

well check the issue is the BOV first with swapping with someone else for a run.

then get it.i wouldve given you mine had i known.. it just needs a softer spring. i had a stronger spring so I could Vent to atmosphere.. then i grew up lol

well check the issue is the BOV first with swapping with someone else for a run.

Can probs borrow mine for a few hours tonight if he wants; Im still waiting for my AFM so my cars off the road any how. I assume the ash cloud has inhibited it getting out of Sydney >_<

Can probs borrow mine for a few hours tonight if he wants; Im still waiting for my AFM so my cars off the road any how. I assume the ash cloud has inhibited it getting out of Sydney >_<

could be why im not getting some stuff i've bought from there

Nah busy tonight, might aim for a weekend. Or if I can get one locally at the ~$150 I'm looking at for a new one on ebay, I'll just get one. Not worth continually stuffing around.

Nah busy tonight, might aim for a weekend. Or if I can get one locally at the ~$150 I'm looking at for a new one on ebay, I'll just get one. Not worth continually stuffing around.

No dramas. Id give JDMSpares on ebay an email and see if theyve got one - they have some other odd parts for the M35. Located at Lonsdale unfortuantely. Nisswreck also have an M35, but I think they wanted to do a halfcut so they probs wouldnt be willing to rip the BOV off :(

No dramas. Id give JDMSpares on ebay an email and see if theyve got one - they have some other odd parts for the M35. Located at Lonsdale unfortuantely. Nisswreck also have an M35, but I think they wanted to do a halfcut so they probs wouldnt be willing to rip the BOV off :(

Nisswreck...last time I tried to deal with them they acted like a bunch of retards.

I actaully was after the stock BOV too...they replied and asked if I can send them a picture of it. WTF! its the friggin BOV!!

plus their communication was craphouse...meh.

Nisswreck...last time I tried to deal with them they acted like a bunch of retards.

I actaully was after the stock BOV too...they replied and asked if I can send them a picture of it. WTF! its the friggin BOV!!

plus their communication was craphouse...meh.

:rofl: yeah I suspect theyd be easier to work with in person.. You dont get it from their website, but its a pretty damn big wreckers yard they're running.

I suspect they were probs wanted to try and offload a BOV not directly off the M35 they have whole - ie something off a shelf; which is why they wanted the photo. Also, the girl that answers the emails isnt necessarily a cars person (She might be, nfi tbh)

Pretty sure they dicked me around last time I looked for parts.

How much is a standard BOV worth though? I'm not prepared to pay $100 for a second hand one when I can pay $150 for a new one, and know I won't have an issue.

Anyone know the going rate?

• 5 months later...

Has anyone actually figured out if this is a BOV problem?

I still have the exact same issue, and Im confident its something to do with the wastegate as you can hear it reverberate right through the exhaust. It literally sounds like its underneath you when driving. If you hold the throttle right when it happens you can make it fart as long as you want. I tried blocking my BOV and still had farts.

To me it sounds like the wastegate isn't opening properly or shuddering. It only farts under medium load. If i floor it it cannot fart - its like it opens properly then, but if im building boost up a hill slowly it happens most of the time....

Surely if it was BOV it would still fart when I floor it. It would fart at the same boost level everytime?

I want to fix this as it shits me!