SAU Community

R32 Gtr Current Values

I was lookg through some Jap dealerships just last week, and there is quite a few original, low k 32 GTR's with books for well over $35k Aus. V-specs over $40k. 33 GTR's over $40k.

The fact that the majority of cars here in Aus are utter crap means sweet FA, when comes to the value of the original, rarer excellent examples.

dude, ive seen a 32 v-spec II going for 25k on carsales....it doesnt matter if its not in the best condition cause nissan only made 1200 of them v-spec II's.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude, ive seen a 32 v-spec II going for 25k on carsales....it doesnt matter if its not in the best condition cause nissan only made 1200 of them v-spec II's.

yeah thats my point. In aus you can get a V-spec II for $25k, but how many have genuine low k's, with books and are kept in stock condition. Its these original well looked after cars that are rising.

Years back you couldn't buy a v-spec for under $30k in Aus, so even these are falling. I honestly can't see prices rising here anytime soon, except for the few well looked after original cars that people want. And even then its all a matter of finding a buyer at the right time who really wanst a certain car.

Some examples from a quick look on J-spec. So again i stand buy that the clean cars are increasing in Japan where they are starting to be sort after, but i doubt you'll see your average run of mill, abused GTR increase in Aus anytime soon.

A clean stock 32 GTR, close to $30k landed and complied

http://www.j-spec.com.au/dealer/1993-Nissa...-R-3824870.html

A stock V-Spec-II, very low k's, with books close to $45k landed and complied

http://www.j-spec.com.au/dealer/1994-Nissa...II-3790981.html

Stock, normal GTR, one owner car, with books, over $35k landed and complied

http://www.j-spec.com.au/dealer/1993-Nissa...-R-3239034.html

And what about that red V-Spec II that's been dropped from 33k to 25k, and still no buyer.

That WA car sold a couple of weeks ago...ex BoostWorx owned in WA....was interested in it but had mods that I couldn't see benefitting me now or in 10 years time, including no original BBS wheels, but had claimed log books and service history from Japan.

Some examples from a quick look on J-spec. So again i stand buy that the clean cars are increasing in Japan where they are starting to be sort after, but i doubt you'll see your average run of mill, abused GTR increase in Aus anytime soon.

A clean stock 32 GTR, close to $30k landed and complied

http://www.j-spec.com.au/dealer/1993-Nissa...-R-3824870.html

A stock V-Spec-II, very low k's, with books close to $45k landed and complied

http://www.j-spec.com.au/dealer/1994-Nissa...II-3790981.html

Stock, normal GTR, one owner car, with books, over $35k landed and complied

http://www.j-spec.com.au/dealer/1993-Nissa...-R-3239034.html

Agree with you, that genuine low mileage clean cars in Japan seem to be rising, however some of that is surely the difference in our exchange rate between now and a few years ago prior to the GFC?

Current exchange rate about 76 yen to $1AUD

July 2007 exchange rate monthly average 105 yen to $1AUD!!!!!

July 2008 exchange rate monthly average 102 yen to $1AUD!!!!!

This makes a huge difference to potential import cost....20% to 30%+ difference maybe.

There is another R32 GT-R that is rising in value too. It's the Aussie Spec one. One was purchased from UAS 4 years ago, and it is saleable now for $20K more (at least).

Have a look at Shannons up and coming Sydney Auction... AUS delivered R32 GTR in black with 99,000 kms, has been repainted... Expect to sell in range $42K-$50K.

Is this realistic? 25th July will tell us.

Anybody on here own this car?

Edited by RS4StagMan

Ill be interested to see what the Shannons car goes for!

Tony, when I was looking, around 18 months ago, I was after a mint Vspec2. Soem of the cars I was looking at in Japan were very low k units. In particular there was a silver one, low k's, books, unmodded. I think Kristian (iron chef) sold it to a WA guy. From memory it was in excess of $70k landed and complied. There were quite a few floating around at the time, the cheapest one I could find was around $40k buy price + FOB and the rest.

Ill be interested to see what the Shannons car goes for!

Tony, when I was looking, around 18 months ago, I was after a mint Vspec2. Soem of the cars I was looking at in Japan were very low k units. In particular there was a silver one, low k's, books, unmodded. I think Kristian (iron chef) sold it to a WA guy. From memory it was in excess of $70k landed and complied. There were quite a few floating around at the time, the cheapest one I could find was around $40k buy price + FOB and the rest.

That is a staggering comparison to what the excellent Vspec 2's were selling for some 18 months ago......I think the average you will pay these days for a similar car (if you locate one) would be much less, the best one I can find in Japan at the moment is in the mid $40's landed, 40,000 kms with books etc, even at the current shitty exchange rate of 76 yen.

Its just too funny listening to people trying to use cars as some kind of investment, rare or not.

So what if that car has a rare factory paint job? Get a ding and pay even more to fix it up. No thanks.

So what if Mr. Itoh once owned it? Mr what?

I thought cars were meant to be driven, to be used, as the modern day horse.

R32s can retain their value at most and then some depending on condition and amount of work, but expecting a rise in value as a trend is way too early to speculate.

there will be next to no good ones around and they will be rare like the 240z

240z were rust buckets too.

My 32 is an investment.

Any normal plain thrashed out GTR is not.

It is just too funny listening to people who look at others and judge them.

Completely agree!!

When i was looking for a GTR i was actually looking for a 33, when i came across the N1.

I made a decision based on the rarity of the car that the N1 would be an investment and a better buy.

(Being a GTR fanboy, 33,32,34 It doesn't bother me which one i have , i like them all!)

Anyway, i had an offer of $5k + what i paid for it, on the day i bought it.

Have had a few serious offers since. In Japan, an N1 with 60 thousand more k's and no books, just sold for approx 10k more than what i paid for mine.

Increases aside, I'll bet my ar$e that it won't depreciate at the rate of normal GTR's

So yes, its an investment, and its increasing.

So, again look at the numbers. The rare, original well looked after cars are rising. Its simple maths for crying out loud.

Its just too funny listening to people trying to use cars as some kind of investment, rare or not.

So what if that car has a rare factory paint job? Get a ding and pay even more to fix it up. No thanks.

So what if Mr. Itoh once owned it? Mr what?

I thought cars were meant to be driven, to be used, as the modern day horse.

R32s can retain their value at most and then some depending on condition and amount of work, but expecting a rise in value as a trend is way too early to speculate.

240z were rust buckets too.

Sorry Sam, but thats a pretty ignorant thing to say dude.

Cars have been used as investments for many many many years, and ALOT of people have become very rich trading in cars.

I'm not saying that GTR owners are all sitting on a million bucks, but to say a general statement that cars are not investments is ridiculous.

Go say that to the guy who sold his falcon for $700k+

I was very fortunate and bought my ADM GTR cheaply. Its a beautiful car, drives great and is very tight. Ive made an easy $10k on it, maybe more.

I had spare cash so I dont miss it but I get joy every time I look at the car, let alone drive it. I might let it go one day, if the monies right.

I reckon 930T's are good money now. You can pick up a nice unit for $50-$60k.

I was very fortunate and bought my ADM GTR cheaply. Its a beautiful car, drives great and is very tight. Ive made an easy $10k on it, maybe more.

I had spare cash so I dont miss it but I get joy every time I look at the car, let alone drive it. I might let it go one day, if the monies right.

Right now, you can regard your car as a form of 'investment currency'.

So if you sell your car one day (because you might need the $$), you can expect to make a profit.

The (astute) person who buys your car can also expect to make a profit.

Q. Might your car or Bobby's N1 for that matter ultimately reach its showroom purchase price and overtake it?

A1. I'd hope so.

A2. I'd expect it to.

Since market value of rare items will still depend on what a prospective buyer will pay for it, I do not believe that the above cars might realise their true value here on SAU F/S section. They may. They may not. If however, 2x or more prospective buyers were simultaneously present at an exclusive car auction, who knows what these cars might bring? I would also consider marketing the car through an existing Australian Import firm. Perhaps Kristian, Richard or Eugene can correct me here?

... by racing for pinks? (you haven't made any money on it till it's sold or you've used it as security for something else which _has_ made money)

Cheers,

SW