SAU Community

Car Licence

PENGUYEN

Hey,

Still on my L's. Just trying to plan the future. I just want to know, If I got an Auto licence on my P's. Does the Auto still apply to my Full's? Really curious as I don't want to be stuck on auto. But that's all I can drive due to all my family's cars are auto. If it does apply to the fulls, do you just have to sit another test for manual?

I might be considering buying my car 2 months before I'm 18 which would be manual, so I can learn from it and use it for the P's test. But due to family budget's, it might not be possible. Just curious, as I want things to go smoothly for me in the future. (: Cheers!

That's exactly what i did mate. You lose your auto restriction once you graduate to full's.

Wonder how long it will take the government to wise up to this and put a stop to it?

Thats the stupidest freaking law I have ever seen out of all the bullshit laws they make up with the excuse of saving drivers they go and let everyone drive a manual car once your off Ps, what do they expect just cause your full licensed you somehow magically can drive manual if you never drove one in your life.

^ I agree with the above post, although I will be taking advantage of that rule myself :D I can (and DO) drive manual on my P's but I have an auto license. Will be nice once I'm on my fulls and don't have to resit the test :) Just no time for it these days. So damn busy.

I think the idea is that you actually know how to drive a car by the time you are off your P's so it's an easier transition because you're not freaking the f**k out in the car to begin with.

I had to re-sit my driving test before I was off my P's because I received a manual work car and it was eeeeeeeeeeeasy.

That's exactly what i did mate. You lose your auto restriction once you graduate to full's.

Wonder how long it will take the government to wise up to this and put a stop to it?

They probably wont they cant be f**ked I would imagine. That would require putting time and effort into to something that doesnt win them any votes or raise any revenue. Its true though everyone I know who got their license in auto can now drive a manual legally on their full license.

not sure if it is the same in VIC, but in NSW if you acquire your red Ps on an auto, you are only restricted to autos until you progress till your greens, once you have your greens, you're free to drive manual cars.

Lol I still go with the auto manual shit being worse, its pretty easy to crash in a manual if you have no idea what your doing seeing as when your learning you have to think about clutching shifting and all that as appose to when your good at it, its more reflex you dont think so you can concentrate on the road.

Think about some auto commordore driving p plater thats already enough probelms with auto trying to do burnouts and go sideways now all of a sudden he gets full license and still thinks hes top hoon and will crash.

in nsw if you get ur auto license on ur red p's when you go to green ps the restriction goes away and you can drive manual legally, so does the passenger restriction

Hey,

Still on my L's. Just trying to plan the future. I just want to know, If I got an Auto licence on my P's. Does the Auto still apply to my Full's? Really curious as I don't want to be stuck on auto. But that's all I can drive due to all my family's cars are auto. If it does apply to the fulls, do you just have to sit another test for manual?

I might be considering buying my car 2 months before I'm 18 which would be manual, so I can learn from it and use it for the P's test. But due to family budget's, it might not be possible. Just curious, as I want things to go smoothly for me in the future. (: Cheers!

just remember p's last 4 years, which is a while before you can legally drive manual.

however, if you have auto restricted p's its only a $100 fine for driving a manual car and its not hard to learn. i passed my p's on manual with 4weeks of practice though i had been driving for 2.5years before that.

i suggest peak hour, by yourself. lols. stress makes anyone learn faster.

Edited by Peter89

I've already grasped the skill of taking off and changing gears ect. in a manual (from school's drivers ed 5 lessons all manual). i'm just probably rusty now. Pretty quick learner here.

@Peter - Yes, 4 years... ): Then again. I'm trying not to go seriously into cars (as in get a car worth being called a car, eg. turboline ect.) until I'm off my P's. Already looked over the N/A line route. Not worth it IMO. Just for looks... I'll probably stick with a civic for 4 years... >.>

I'm just thinking far ahead. :thumbsup:

just remember p's last 4 years, which is a while before you can legally drive manual.

however, if you have auto restricted p's its only a $100 fine for driving a manual car and its not hard to learn. i passed my p's on manual with 4weeks of practice though i had been driving for 2.5years before that.

i suggest peak hour, by yourself. lols. stress makes anyone learn faster.

Well if hes still on hes Ls why dont you just go and learn to drive manual now and just get a manual license stright up, firstly will make you a better driver, secondly if you have the urge to drive manual on Ps youll be doing it legally.

I agree with the above.

Having a auto option is just another flaw in a rediculous licencing system. All driving instructor cars should be manual and everyone should have to get lessons instead of their parents bad habits... for a start.

.... everyone should have to get lessons instead of their parents bad habits... for a start.

+50,000reps to that.

I don't think I learnt much about driving from my parents at all, except the things that I SHOULDN'T do. Of course some parents are good drivers and instruct their kids well, but that's a minority.

+50,000reps to that.

I don't think I learnt much about driving from my parents at all, except the things that I SHOULDN'T do. Of course some parents are good drivers and instruct their kids well, but that's a minority.

Yeah Im in that minority never got a lesson from a instructor learnt from my dad in hes manual nissan navara, learning in a big car makes little cars so easy to drive.