SAU Community

R32 V-spec Ii At Edward Lees

iplen

So I had seen this car advertised and was pretty keen to go have a look at the build plate and perhaps suggest they change the advertising... However, it even has the V-Spec II model code on the firewall... I am not suggesting it is Edward Lees doing the dodgy here, they may well ne innocent victims but if you were going to this much trouble to make a $18000 (est as a non v-spec II) car into a $22000 wouldnt you at least try to get a car that was built the right year, or claim it as a V-spec I?

Thats what I thought. Might be VS1? Arent the vspec2 BBS's 1/2" wider than the VS1?

Not too sure about the BBS wheels but i believe the v spec I came out in feb 93 and this car is saying jan 93.

Adding a set of R33 Brembos is not hard, even V-spec production did not start until 4/93 pretty sure... Why do people like this who should know better advertise a car that could have never existed? Some poor bloke is going to buy that car and be over the moon at getting 1 of 1303 V-spec IIs for a steal, then in years to come find out he has been shafted (probably should have investigated it earlier, but some people still trust car dealers :nyaanyaa:

isn't it also likely that they just got the build month wrong and the other info is right? unless I misunderstand and you have 'fasted' the vin they provided and found the model year? bear in mind though that fast is not always 100% correct. I have even seen people with different copies get different build dates for the same chassis number...

ps, all the VS1 and VS2 BBS wheels are 8.5inch. :nyaanyaa:

• 2 months later...