SAU Community

Need Some Advice For Servicing M35

matty_M35

Hey guys did a little searching and heaps of reading, but just want to know where is a good place to get my m35 serviced, i live in the northern beaches area but dont mind driving for the peace of mind it will be done properly.

I do the minor stuff myself I.E fluids, filters, belts, brakes etc.. but i wouldnt mind knowing a workshop that is familar with this model for plus would like to be getting the book stamped for resale purposes.

thanks guys.

Personally, do it yourself! that way you always know its done well!

Otherwise i would go to Envy imports or Good Spanner on the northern beaches. Im not sure if Northshore prestige service, but I have heard good things about them too. They know their M35s

thanks for the reply.. i do want to do most of it myself, but the stuff i cant i want someone who knows the car model rather then charging me heaps in labour cost while they are researching how to work on it.

Im new to nissans i have crossed over from many a toyota 4AGE.

can vouch for Northshore Prestige for servicing. They have been very helpful with my car.

Nissan Brookavle parts are also very good for any parts. Just tell them your VIN and that it is an import and they will find the part number for you and order it in. Always been really good to me.

Cheers

Andy

+1 for servicing yourself.....It's an easy job and you can use all the premium product's and still have a lot of change in you pocket.

P.S You can also ask me every now and again to get you prices on Genuine NISSAN products....I'll try to beet what you are paying....please keep it down to the larger more expensive things and I should be able to beat the price's given.....OH and PM me because I am not a trader more of a Nissan associate ;) .

when ordering parts from me I will need the part number

If only i was good with engines and mechanics, atm i look at my engine and am totally confused. its just as bad as looking at a japanese manual lol...

all i am trained in is metal fabrication. so most of the shit on the car i can make (exhausts, piping, brackets) but like i said, im shyt at engine stuff so i can only stick to basic things. its so frustrating. alot of ppl know the mechanical thigns but cant fabricate. but im the opposite lol. just a never ending challenge trying to be someone who can do both lol

lol when we start having meets, maybe someone who is good can give us lil tutorials?

or someone maybe someone is generous enough to do a m35 service tutorial!

As I am on a 5 year warranty with mine I get all my servicing done at Hornsby Nissan.

So far no hassles, they should know the car well because I've had 4 services done there so far :D

+2 on doing it yourself. its pretty easy after you have done it once. and they really dont need THAT much looking after. regular oil changes is the most important

thanks guys i do enjoy(well most of the time) working on the car, as i said i can do all the regular service things, brakes, fluids, belts etc. and when it comes to the more difficult stuff i dont mind having a go rebuilding internals and so on. however since im not a mechanic that doesnt get me any receipts, so like all my other cars the resale can be up the shit coz wheres the proof.

But i think i will just keep going with the simple things and take it to northshore prestige or goodspanner for the bigger things (which i hope is not for a long time.)

did the oil yesterday. gotta do the brakepads, rotors, gearbox fluid next weekend

i was more talking about changing the plugs... looks like its going to be a f**kin pain!

That's the least of your problems. :D

I swear every part of the car was designed and engineered to be a pain in the ass to repair (or modify)

the plugs are a bit of a pain. but at least you get the top bit of the motor off and check for leaky vacuum pipes and replace them while its all out!

Thanks again for the replies.. The plugs can't be as of a pain as my j31 maxima that was a

real pain replacing the plugs..

Pretty much the same.

J31 has a VQ35de, so the plugs are in the same position as our cars, it is just that the oversized J31 plenum is in the way of everything and can be an annoyance to remove.

Plus the j31 is fwd which just made matters worse removing the plenum near the firewall.. And the bolts are always so bloody tight!! Anyway gonna do the rotors and pads soon prob next weekend am I right in saying the rears are xtrail and fronts are maxima?? But what year??

Plus the j31 is fwd which just made matters worse removing the plenum near the firewall.. And the bolts are always so bloody tight!! Anyway gonna do the rotors and pads soon prob next weekend am I right in saying the rears are xtrail and fronts are maxima?? But what year??

You are correct in saying that... or you could just ask for pads & rotors for a 350z (non-brembo of course)

Ok will do that 350z touring they don't up the price coz it's a performance car do they?? They just go off the part number?? And what are ppl experiences with brands I was just gonna go DBA rotors coz I can get cost price!! And I was gonna start researching pads now!!

Ok will do that 350z touring they don't up the price coz it's a performance car do they?? They just go off the part number?? And what are ppl experiences with brands I was just gonna go DBA rotors coz I can get cost price!! And I was gonna start researching pads now!!

Hey buddy pal, how you going mate?? :(

I could be investing a bit of money in DBA at some point :P to the tune of 2 x 14" & 2 x 13.8" 5000 series slotted's :mad:

I am using Hawk pads and they are very good, low dust and great performance with little fade. But I do have R32 calipers and rotors.

Have a spare set of front pads if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Andy