SAU Community

Help With Buying A New Laptop

Thanks. So metabox are basically clevo laptops with some customising. Found a few things where people recommend clevo over MSI and vice versa. Some say MSI have better build quality but worse battery life (havent found specifics on batteries but specs say 3-cell for metabox and 6 or 8 cell for MSI)

Looking at the MSI options on scorptec there are a lot of options that seem same-same with minor differences (usually with GPU or memory). Price wise its pretty similar, i'd just need to cough up for an external DVD drive with MSI, but they include a 1TB hdd ontop of a 128 SSD (which might actually make life more challenging managing things).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I had an older GE62 with GTX 765M and a DVD drive. They must've replaced the optical drive with a HDD. MSi seems to have a few different variants, GT is fat, GS is slim with small battery, GE is an in-between. What I did find is that MSi spec vs price was very good. Heat management was sometimes worrying as my one had a left side firing exhaust port, so playing on the couch sometimes got uncomfortable.