SAU Community

Can You Name These Turbos?

Ok guys, just pulled my turbos off (no jokes pls!!!).. There pretty laggy, I got them with my 26, stated as having STD turbos on it.. so a bit of a win I guess..

CHRA has 14411-06U00, which is apparently r32 gismo turbo's, thus explaining why they're laggy...!

Now the thing I don't understand is the nismo's are meant to have a 0.42 compressor, but these are 0.6 like on the GT/le mans nismo's, but the CHRA doesn't show 14411-rs581 as per the lemans turbos.

Confused.. Any help appreciated, would also like to know their max power and efficiency range.

Also, have stock bottom end, nismo 555cc's, microtech, walbro, etc.. If that helps

Thx, Chris.

Edited by kristafa

Thanks mate, unfortunately those are the main sources of my confusion.. Why does that chart say my turbos should be .42 compressor when mine are .60?

The gtr.co.uk site doesn't answer that guys first question, ie what are they.

am I just to assume mine are gismo GT/Lemans turbos even tho it doesn't have rs581 on the CHRA?

also before anyone gets in with "these are poor design, 15 years old, bush bearing, etc" I know already, but unfortunately for the old RB, this is what she's stuck with for now haha...!

yeah if the compressor is 0.60a/r they are defintely not std BNR32 turbochargers

GT/lemans sounds about right. i dont think the n1's are even 0.60a/r on BNR32

cheers paul - i've been running these turbos for 6 months on 12psi thinking they're stockies and that my exhaust was restrictive hence the laggyness.. good to know i can start to lean on them a little and start making up for that lag in topend power..

yeah and thats why its laggy

the stockers on BNR32 are 0.42a/r front and 0.48a/r rear x 2

and you have 0.60a/r front and 0.64a/r rear x 2

so its quite a step up given it's in twin form

check my dyno sheet on the RB26 upgraded turbo thread - shows power vs RPM

EDIT: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...t&p=5112467

i have a less than impressive dump pipe setup which will be sorted before turbos are reinstalled, and wind the boost up to 17 pound or so with the new EBC there should be things happening a little earlier in the rev range.

Edited by kristafa

I've used this link before http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tbroom/Turbos.htm

But it's always been strange to me that all three of the various R34 N1 Turbos only produce 500ps as it says on the chart, I had always thought that there was a turbo that was bigger in the r34 n1 range, around the 600ps mark ?

you mean Nismo R1.. similar to a 34 N1 but flow more i guess:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NISMO-R1-560HP-BALL...=item2eaec141fd

COMPRESSOR:

- HOUSING: T3 (A/R 0.42)

- WHEEL: T3 (TRIM 55)

BEARING: BALL BEARING

TURBINE:

- HOUSING (NIJIREST): T25 (A/R 0.64)

- WHEEL (INCONEL): GT25 (TRIM 62)

ACTUATOR: REINFORCED SPRING, ADJUSTABLE ROD

MAX. EFFICIENCY: 73%

MAX. AIR PRESSURE RATIO (AT BOOST PRESSURE): 103% (1.35KG/CM2)

DESIGNED OUTPUT: 280PS(X2)

on a side note: how much power can r32 gtr high flows generate with .42 comp .48 rear? shy of 300rwkw sound about right with standard mods, stock cams etc ??

sell them (someone will buy them for sure) and get a pair of brand new ball bearing top notch GT-SS's or garrett equivs

the response you gain will far out weigh the current lag and lag penalty you have. specially on a bog stock 26

wow

ive checked your graph, that is horrible

bog stock BCNR33 on the graph below yours

looks to make its peak boost and torque spike at 113km/h around 4000rpm

vs your stock Nismo R1 or whatever they are which make peak around 5200rpm

thats horrible!!!

does your car have non 4.11 diff gears also ?

check my dyno sheet on the RB26 upgraded turbo thread - shows power vs RPM

EDIT: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...t&p=5112467

i have a less than impressive dump pipe setup which will be sorted before turbos are reinstalled, and wind the boost up to 17 pound or so with the new EBC there should be things happening a little earlier in the rev range.

i dont think turning the boost up will help response

but freeing up the exhaust is always a good thing

but again i dont think it will shift the power band that much

your main issue is the housings needs lots of flow to wake up

you need aggressive tune, jungle juice, cam gears, aggressive tune and a good tune

if your timing and tune is anything other than spot on, youll pay for the penalty in poor response as your rears as much larger than stock

i reckon a changeover price to GT-SS or the garrett equivs (as per sig) shouldn't be too bad changeover price

you could probably keep the std dumps and still change the turbo's and come out on top light years ahead (in response)

ie

the change of turbochargers will yield a better response improvement vs changing dumps