SAU Community

August Photo Thread

MaTBoY

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got to start it! woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a few shots from the All Holden Show at Richmond today. Damn there was an abundance of awesomeness in vehicle form. So many high quality cars. Exceeded my expectations for the day about 30 fold.

DSC_2548.jpg

DSC_2554.jpg

DSC_2655.jpg

DSC_2566.jpg

And mucking around....

DSC_2572_old_small.jpg

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice classic cars there :) I like the first shot.

From today's photo-shoot:

This was a pre-pre-wedding shoot. I offered a quick studio shoot for this lovely couple for free. They had a little kid that just wouldn't sit still and everything he picked up he would throw it around.. but the kid is soooooooooooooooooooooo CUTE!!! Honestly cant wait to shoot their wedding and do the actual pre-wedding shoot later on next month.

Im going to try and offer a studio shoot into my wedding packages. Hopefully there will be a bit of interest in that.

You will notice the backdrop is not all the way out under the chair. Seriously the kid wouldn't sit still, he would move the chair, throw things etc.. so wasn't worth getting my backdrop teared apart. I also had a fancy chair all setup, but he wouldnt sit on it :domokun: So resulted to my shitty chair (atleast it was comfy). Had fair few ideas i wanted to try, but couldnt :) Oh wells..

20100801160854_img_1583_resize.jpg

IMG_1575_resize.jpg

IMG_1655_resize.jpg

Dad, mum and isaac. Bit of a different PP towards this.

IMG_1599_resize.jpg

Nice Sidd!! Kid sounds like a handfull!! The mum is hawt!! Last pic is great, just the top of the backdrop is bugging, other then that, sick!! :-)

I only realised it after a few shots, and then raised the backdrop higher (but then i didnt re-take the group shots).. The dad is seriously tall tho.. Never had to raise the backdrop that high.. im 6ft and he was still taller than me lol..

Cheers man :)

Cant get photobucket to work so linking them off facebook

39821_10150257046100457_605520456_13987104_4746677_n.jpg

39821_10150257046110457_605520456_13987106_4225750_n.jpg

Edited by siddr20

so keen for your thoughts...

remote triggers... whats the best bang for buck radio/wireless/whtever trigger? Cactus V2 has been suggested as a good value device, not as reliable as a Pocket Wizard (tho they dont support nikon right now - from what I read on their site its mostly Canon).

I'm looking to use my SB600 (possibly 2) for off camera flash...

I just bought some 'iShoot' el cheapy ones from ebay for 30 or 40 bucks. I wouldn't want to trust them for an action shot or when you're doing mission critical work, but for taking pics of cars, or mucking around with repeatable stuff I'd say they're good enough to get you started. These ones work on nikon. I'm pretty sure the cactus would work as a trigger, they might not relay all the extra info, but as for a trigger... it's only a contact closure.

AHHAHAHAH yes what a lucky kid :)

I will be photographing their wedding in Oct, so be sure to check out the pics at the end of the month. Cant wait for that.

Thanks for the comments guys :D It was super fun shooting them..

In regards to triggers, the cactus v4s will suit your needs well. It has never failed on me. I use it all all the time on the 580exII and also my Alien Bee strobes. Not once as it failed!! BUY IT :)

The mum is hawt!! :-)
You need to take some 'extra' shots.. she's hot as!

Totally agree!

haha... yeah its so unfair kids get away with free gropes!

Yeah, the little turds... :bunny:

Hmm, I bought a Sigma flash and it can trigger off the on-camera flash too (even on my Ricoh P&S). It's the Sigma EF-530 DG Super, and I bought a second one from DigitalRev.com because they're really well priced there, and it arrived from HK in 3 days. All I need to do is put it in "Slave"mode. Can't you do that with the 580EX-IIs and others? Isn't that good enough for most people's needs, or am I missing something extra that the PocketWizards and others do???

http://www.digitalrev.com/en/sigma-ef-530-...ml?match_type=1