SAU Community

Email Notifications Not Working?

lol im not that silly, I got an email notification for a thread I didn't even view or know existed, really bizarre, and I got one for a thread that someone posted in a week ago and thats it, zero notifications apart from that.

it is seriously broken, it should either work or not, not send me random notifications for a thread I didn't view, and send me a single other one, surely other people are experiencing this?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi!

I have the same issue ... PM notification does work, subscription does not ..

PM email notifications working.

Subscription email notification not working.

Been like that since the switch over, not sure if its just me?

Are you subscribed to it?

And that means you need to check, not just say no.

Actually screen dump of subscribed threads would be good

No I am not subscribed to it, I can see click the watch button and pick a subscription option, there was also another thread this happened with, some DIY thread in a forum I had never even viewed.

I can do a screen dump if that helps. Sorry if my replies are late, no subscriptions means I only check it occasionally lol.

edit: Im assuming Delayed notification is the same as instant notification, as in I won't get as many emails but I should still get most?

I might go change them all to instant and see what happens.

Also the emails were about the topic being posted, not about a reply, I'm assuming I've been wrongly subscribed to the actual DIY forum, but I can't even find how you do that.

http://www.skylinesa...-axxo-releases/

However there has been no replies in that thread, it just linked me to the first post, very very strange

Email said:

paulr33 has just posted a new topic entitled "Rip Dvd Movies Into Xvid High Quality (Like Axxo Releases)" in forum "Tutorials / DIY / FAQ".

and

PM-R33 has just posted a new topic entitled "Diy: Carbon Fibre S2 Foglight/indicator Surrounds Install" in forum "Tutorials / DIY / FAQ".

74565979.png

edit 2: I was indeed subscribed to the DIY forum for some very strange reason, I have since removed it. Odd that I get emails for that and not the other topics though, any ideas?

edit3: changing all topics to instant notification seems to have fixed it, I have only had one email since then, but I'm assuming its working now. So everyone else, go change all notifcations to instant, I suspect it is something to do with leaving the site still logged in, it assumes you are still active on the site.

Edited by Rolls

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...