SAU Community

Best Way To Lower An R34 Gtt

i want to drop my r34 (with the standard bodykit) and i want to keep my ride quality as much as possible as im not worried about going fast around corners or anything so would lower springs be the way to go? maybe some do's and don't, brands and prices will help.

p.s i am tying to limit how much i spend so money saving suggestions would be great!!

get lowwer springs but your ride will change as if you are going to lower your car uou will need stiffer springs to compensate for the redused up/down travel .

another option if you know of a work shop that specializes in leaf suspention (usualy found in 4X4 mags) they can heat and compress your springs slightly to lower your car.

DONT cut the springs !!!!! hit a bump or get airborn and your spring will fall out (been there done that )

Lowered springs (King Springs, Pedders, Lovells) on standard shocks is probably the cheapest option.

- Pros: Cheap, looks ok (if that's what you're after)

- Cons: Increased wear and likelyhood of failure on shocks, worse handling, etc.

Read SydneyKid's Lowering Springs With Standard Shocks thread for some more info.

• 3 months later...

glowstreet the gt-r shocks wont fit im quite sure, i have a set at the moment that i got off a friend for free, took em to a mechanic and asked if it would fit and i found that the front 2 will fit, but the rear 2 will not

glowstreet the gt-r shocks wont fit im quite sure, i have a set at the moment that i got off a friend for free, took em to a mechanic and asked if it would fit and i found that the front 2 will fit, but the rear 2 will not

On a GTT it will fit all the way round. on a GT or a 33 GTST it won't fit the rears. The fronts are also a lot lower but the rears will be same height

Whilst it might fit, everything I've read says it will be entirely the wrong spring rates, etc for the car. Apparently the GTR weight distribution is quite different to the GTT (4WD system, engine differences etc). This information has been posted around the forums a few times by people in the know...