SAU Community

Ipod Input For 09 Gtr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am new to the site.

I have just got an 2009 ADM, GT-R, R35. I would like to integrate the ipod/iphone music through the car stereo, i have read the thread and it looks like its a no go due to the incorect firmware? what ever that is. I contacted nissan and asked them if it could be done and they said all there cars go to (Alberts car stereo) it will cost about $350, is it possible that someone somewhere has been able to crack the problem as i dont want to waste the money on it if it is not going to work properly.

Also i was searching the web and found a write up on nissan headed paper with nissan part no,s and a step by step instructions on how to do it, when it is finnished it looks like the ipod will be in the glove box, has anybody heared about this one working.

• 1 month later...

IMO, I would just get a Alpine EX-10 or similar and be done with it...

OK been looking at these, they look the bis, my question is. I have an Ipod i want to leave it in the car all the time (in the glovebox maybe) with all the music on it. Does this device power the Ipod as well. Dont want to use the bluetooth phone part, as the car already has this. If i got this can i use the remote to access the ipod music files.

What are the other makes of these. that may work as well.

Edited by ossie cossie

OK been looking at these, they look the bis, my question is. I have an Ipod i want to leave it in the car all the time (in the glovebox maybe) with all the music on it. Does this device power the Ipod as well. Dont want to use the bluetooth phone part, as the car already has this. If i got this can i use the remote to access the ipod music files.

What are the other makes of these. that may work as well.

Yep, the EX10 powers the ipod. I was using one in my Subaru STi before I bought the 2010 GT-R. Worked very well, and supports bluetooth streaming from an iOS or Android smartphone too.

Edited by Wardski