SAU Community

Any Tips For Unblocking Injectors?

Factory 5

Ok so i replaced the leaking oozy vl turbo injectors, with some RB25de items. (same/similar cc rating, and to suit my Microtec LT-4, it won need an expensive re-tune)

BUT

they have a different Impedance. so i rigged up a resistor pack to suit.

anyway with or without the resistor pack, the injectors wont fire... f**k.... again.... this is the FOURTH set i have put in this year, ad its not a simple 'do it on saturday' kind of task

called up a few gurus, and they suggest that the injecors are blocked. this is likely as they hae sat unused for the 3 yrs I had them, andtehn gawd knows how long they sat before th previous owner had them. the fuel can tun into a varnish like epoxy if lft fo so long.....

So does anyone hae any hints or tips on how to free up blocked injectos while they are ON the car.

I though to pull the fuel pump relay, and then get my spare distributor connected up to all the wires etc, and then turn the key to 'on' and spin the distributor by hand, so thatthe microtec will fire the injectors with no fuel pressure behind them...

i dunno its all i could come up with (without reverting to carbies.... f**k)

ok

after farting around for 3 or 4 days....

originally the VL turbo inj. do work, also the old 188cc datsun ones work, (bothe sets are low imp) then i put in these high imp units, that sat for 5 plus years. they did have some yellow residue around the inlets, which i cleaned up with brake cleaner andcotton tips.

so these high imp injectors wont pulse at all. i thought i needed a resistor pack. so took a day off work to sort that out... and it still dont work. (funnily the old injectros will still work with or without the resistor pack)

so now, im pretty sure they are blocked.

Im going to try to get them to pulse with no fuel pressure behind them (pull the fuel pump fuse)

if this fails... then I have sourced new vl turbo injectors for $90 each... warranty etc too. so Im pretty sure that that will solve the prob for good. takes up so much f**king time its not funny. I could of had the turbo setup finished 3 time over by now.

Seems odd that all six would be blocked, maybe one or two but six? couldn't you bridge the injectors to test each one individually. your gonna be pissed if you buy all new injectors and they still don't work.

You sure you have your info right?

It's my understanding that it was only RB25DET injectors that were high imp & RB25DE were low imp??

But as suggested the impedence should mean diddly squat with your Microtech.

Maybe it's a connection problem???

I may be wrong, maybe it's the RB25DET side feed Vs top feed on DE and same impedence.

If you really think they are blocked, try squirting metho or petrol down them with a used syringe. You will fing out soon enough if it's a blockage or not.

Maybe someone can throw some light on a little matter of injector size???

If you change from say 270cc to 370cc injectors, that's from VL to FJ isn't it just the duty cycle that will come down. If your Microtech is tuned to run with 270cc injectors, why is it now going to supply more fuel because the injectors have got bigger????

D

Tonights effort:

I got an old injector plug with wire on it, put it on each injector 1 at a time, and zapped it with 12v. number 5 was the only one to click click click, and that was after about 5 zaps.

so i have a few other ideas involving a solvent, like wax & grease remover.

next step is get another set, bin these ones before thy take up another 2 weeks of my time!

a 270cc injector will spray less fuel in one pulse han a 370cc, its the flow rate per minute, ( as in, 500cc per minute is 250cc per 30 sec and so on) so in a milisecond or 2, more fuel will be going in...needing a re-map and not really worth it with the LT-4.

I would be better off getting an adaptronic and a set of new GTR 444cc items.

but as for getting prepped for Skynats, its looking like the Hatch will be going as a near 100% factory f**king asthmatic L24e... and wheres the fun in that!

Doesnt really sound to me like your injectors are blocked, it sounds more like they are dead. It would be worth while to just pay the $100 or so and get them all tested, and cleaned. That way you would know that you have a near new set of injectors which are all flowing the same

Edited by DR JOSH

Tonights effort:

I got an old injector plug with wire on it, put it on each injector 1 at a time, and zapped it with 12v. number 5 was the only one to click click click, and that was after about 5 zaps.

You need some of these,

also I used 2xAA battery's to test mine, (3 volts)

http://noddle.110mb.com/440%20Injector%20-..._8166-1024.html

Nigel

post-13098-1281566874_thumb.jpg

post-13098-1281566959_thumb.jpg

Edited by noddle