SAU Community

Bcnr33 R33 Gtr Tommy Kaira Rl Spec Amazing Condition And Super Rare

Hi Guys,

Time has come to sell my R33 GTR. It's a Tommy Kaira RL spec edition car. It was purchased in Japan and imported earlier this year. It comes with NSW rego.

This car is a very special R33 GTR. my friend Mark bought this car for himself in Kyushu but soon after got very taken by an EVO so this GTR ended up with me. I know he's crazy... Anyway it's a great car but I also own 2 other GTRs, a worked S13 Silvia drift car, 2 motorbikes and a daily car and having now bought a new house I desperately need to sell a few of my cars.

Here's the details on this car which you can also view on carsales.

This would be the one of the most unique and desirable R33 GTRs available. It is a factory Tommy Kaira (serial number TK0016) making it possibly one of a kind currently here in Australia. In addition, it has about $30,000 worth of performance enhancing modifications including AP RACING BRAKES (6 pot fronts with 360mm rotors and 4 pot rears with 340mm rotors), light weight forged SSR Racing Alloys and APEXi Power FC ECU. Brakes alone are worth around $10,000. Engine compression has been tested and was near perfect. Compression is 1100KPa in all cylinders except no. 5, which measured 1120KPa (very minor variation). The car looks and feels fresh and new. Interior is unmarked and can best be described as immaculate. The body is also A1 with excellent paint and finish. This is a NON accident motor vehicle that has been garaged most of its life. If you are looking for a truly SPECIAL GTR, this is it.

More photos are available upon request. ANY inspections welcome.

Following is the detailed list. As you can see ALL the parts on this car are top quality. Nothing cheap or nasty anywhere on this car.

96 S2 Nissan Skyline GTR Factory Tommy Kaira TYPE RL Spec #TK0016

AP 6pot front calipers with 360mm 2 piece rotors

AP 4pot rear calipers with 340mm 2 piece rotors

AP braided brake lines

ARC pillow ball tension rods

Greddy oil pressure gauge in a-pillar mount

Tommy Kaira body kit (genuine original RL spec kit)

KEY!S Kinoshita Racing steering wheel and boss kit

Carbon fibre over laid centre console and dash panel (done by Robson in Japan)

Nismo adjustable dual element rear wing (very rare and out of production)

Nismo Carbon fibre wing end plates

SSR 18X10 inch wheels

265/45/18 Bridgestone RE-01R tyres (excellent tread, about $1800 a set these tyres)

HKS turbo timer

Splitfire coil packs

Splitfire DI ignition bridge

Apexi power intake kit

Nismo oil catch tank kit (with oil return to sump) - very good kit

Nismo power bracing (8 piece under car brace set)

Nismo intake piping kit (including Y pipe etc)

Billion silicone radiator hose kit

Apexi 40mm alloy radiator

Sard air removal header tank system

Nismo heavy duty clutch kit

HKS front mount intercooler (type R 100mm kit)

HKS type R oil cooler kit

Nismo front pipes

Nismo weldina 3.5inch cat back exhaust

HKS hipermax coil-overs

Nismo 2 way rear LSD

Nismo full scale meter kit (320km/h speed and 11,000rpm tacho)

Nismo full scale 3 gauge cluster (boost to 1.4bar, oil temp and torque)

Apexi Power FC ECU and handcontroller

Blitz dual SBC ID boost controller

PIAA HID headlights (in genuine xenon housings)

Rear nismo LED tail lights

Factory remote central locking and alarm system

Carozzeria motorized face stereo with MD, CD and stacker under drivers seat

Front Splits with A pillar mounted tweeters (flush mounted)

Genuine R34 GTR Alloy foot pedals

Genuine Nissan GTR front and rear strut braces

Nismo fuel pressure regulator

R33 N1 turbos (need to confirm 100% but inspection suggests they are)

R34 GTR rocker covers and timing belt cover set

Tommy Kaira alloy rear subframe lock collars (set to neutral)

The car is located in Sydney CBD and can be viewed by arrangement with me. Asking price is $32,500 and is fairly firm. (price on carsales is $1000 higher than forum price).

Pics:

8370266.jpg

8370102.jpg

8370115.jpg

8370149.jpg

8370192.jpg

8370247.jpg

8370276.jpg

8377554.jpg

8377555.jpg

one thing to note. in the pics it has just a plain carbon wing element. I since changed it for the nismo dual plane one which is awesome. They are super rare and the only other one I've seen went for around $2,000 when it was sold.

As for kms it's showing 45,000kms on the nismo meter kit. I would say total kms around 60,000kms or so. It's hard to say exactly but the car is in fantastic condition and as always as a buyer judge the condition of the car by how it looks and drives. Compression test results also suggest a well looked after car in top condition. Also any serious buyer is welcome to have their own mechanic do another test. Or save some money and just go off the one I had done.

Some notes from me:

Car drives very nicely. It's got lots of nice gear but has definitely not been a track car and still has very mild power mods but lots of other great gear. It's running just on 1bar boost and I'd estimate power around 250awkw. It has all the important reliability mods, proper jap alloy radiator and header tank system which keeps air pockets out of the head (rad costs around $1,000 and $400 for the header system), has a nice japanese HKS oil cooler kit (also around $1,000, and a nice HKS intercooler (around $1500).

The brakes are amazing. Exactly what you'd expect with big 6piston AP callipers and matching 4 piston rears with nice big 2 piece rotors all round. it stops like nothing else. Quite often when just pulling up gently at a set of lights the brakes are so good you find yourself coming up a meter short of where you wanted to end up and then have to creep forward a bit to the line.

Gearbox and clutch are very nice. No noises from either and shift action is nice and smooth. Clutch is not too heavy and very easy to drive.

Rear diff is a 2way and is nice and tight but does not clunk or shudder. but on tight carpark turns it will lock up and you get a little wheel spin from the inside wheel which is trying to turn less than the outside. this is the behaviour of a healthy mech LSD.

The interior is in excellent condition. No sagginess in the seats or marks anywhere. Floor mats are nice and clean and the carbon on the dash is top quality. For anyone who doesn't know who Robson is look them up in google etc. They do amazing work.

I don't know what else I can say. It's an amazing GTR. Being a Tommy Kaira edition adds some rarity to it with the build plate etc but on top of that it's a very neat car with some very pricey bolt on parts. Brakes alone over $10K, nice wheels, top shelf super high performance road tyres, Power FC, top quality inter cooler, radiator and oil cooler, nice diff etc. It's a great entry to tuned GTRs and has all the important stuff taken care of. Very rare to find a car with brakes like this as they are just so expensive to do.

I really want this sold before the end of the month as i am going overseas then so if you are interested don't delay, just shoot me a pm and we'll tee up a meeting.

thanks guys. but please keep the non-sale related posts to pm's etc from now on as it's against the forum rules to post OT in the For Sale section. Thanks. :D

Anyway, I'm posting an update. doing new rego today or tomorrow so it will have another 6 or 12months rego on it by the weekend.

• 3 years later...