SAU Community

How to turbo your N/A

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
For guys who own R32s and R33s then the engine swap is probably the best way, but getting a cheap R34 Neo RB25DET...and getting it swapped is not a cheap option at all.

why is that not a cheap option swapping a r34 rb25det into it?

i am thinking of doing it

Well the reason I said that was because when I was looking at doing it the engine package was $6-$7K...they're a lot more reasonable now..but it's still going to be at elast $2K to put it in.

The best option is to make an RB30DET out of your N/A engine

Great thread,

I too made the same mistake, that is buying a N/A skyline except mine is and R33 GTS. I am desparate to turbo my engine, however my local mechanic has told me that you cannot turbo the N/A....that is without ruining the engine! Reading this discussion has helped me see what can be done to the engine, with a low cost outlay and surprising gains, Thank you!

However I have a couple of questions,

How does the car now drive?

Is it as reliable as the N/A?

Are you sure that the modifications will not damage your engine?

cannot wait to get my project Turbo underway. :flamed: :flamed:

DanielWilliam: The car currently pulls harder than a stock GTS..this is with the crappy N/A exhaust still in place and running 6.5psi that is probably down to the higher compression :(

I've had the turbo on my car for about 50,000Ks now and nothing has been damaged in that time, from a reliability point of view I think that's great. If the tune is good, you should have no problems...just don't expect to be able to cram 14psi in and you'll be fine.

Great to here that Dan,

It has put to rest the only real concern I had after reading the thread (the longterm future of the engine).

Sounds like the car goes real hard compared to the N/A You had and I have now, mine came with a full Trust exhaust out of Japan which will hopefully complement the turbo well. All I have to do now is get the funds together now and I can start the project.

I guess it is like you said tuning is the difference the car will run well and hard with some dollars in the tuning side of the car!

I will keep you informed to how my conversion comes along. I have some pics of the car in its current state in my gallery.

Cheers mate

If anyone is interested I have everything you need to do this swap

Off an RB25DET

Exhaust manifold

Turbo (No play)

Oil/Water lines

std dump pipe

Inlet manifold/Plenum

Fuel Rail and injectors

If anyone is interested in these PM me and i can send you pics

reason why i am getting rid of them, upgraded to GReddy plenum and getting top mount turbo setup

That list could make my shopping very easy!

That stuff is exactly what I am shopping for at the moment, what sort of condition is the lot in? whats your location in relation to Newcastle? Also with the condition of the parts in mind what is your best price?

Cheers :P