SAU Community

M35 Dump Pipes Again

Angus Smart

Remove the studs from the bracket that feed through the exhaust flange and break the spotweld holding it in place. The studs are sometimes seized, but a little WD or Penetrene, a soak, and a hammer blow will see them free. You'll need to grind out the radius in the bracket to clear the larger diameter pipe, but it'll fit fine.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too, took a week of soaking to free the studs on mine. No issues in that time, but I didn't like the idea of the entire weight of the exhaust wrenching on the studs in the exhaust housing of the turbo.

The bracket should fit around the 3 inch pipe, and it fits on perfectly as the dump flange is in the stock location.

I have used it on a couple of installs but I drove mine around for over a year with no problems, and my exhaust and turbo have been a lot hotter than most. I doubt it will be a issue.

Me too, took a week of soaking to free the studs on mine. No issues in that time, but I didn't like the idea of the entire weight of the exhaust wrenching on the studs in the exhaust housing of the turbo.

Wow, yours were frozen in by the sound of it. I got mine out this arvo first go. Took about 10 minutes in all :)

The bracket should fit around the 3 inch pipe, and it fits on perfectly as the dump flange is in the stock location.

I have used it on a couple of installs but I drove mine around for over a year with no problems, and my exhaust and turbo have been a lot hotter than most. I doubt it will be a issue.

That's good to know. I'll put the bracket back in when I get the hi-flow cat and that will finish off the exhaust system.

Will have soon... AM Performance are about to start producing M35 exhausts, dumps and mid pipes, and my car is the test car.

Should have some pics in a week or two, and will hopefully be dyno testing at the end of the month at the SAUSA dyno day.

Let me know if they need another test car. I eventually need to get from the dump back. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

dump pipe and the one after made out of 3" stainless ,can be made to order

Looks good, but where are you fitting the cat? Before the flex joint, or after?

I haven't fitted a dump pipe yet so when i do it will be fitted after the flex joint, a small modification

Looks good, but where are you fitting the cat? Before the flex joint, or after?

• 1 month later...