SAU Community

QLD Whoretown...

predator

I thought I was one of the last trying to hold on to my geforce 3.  I've got an Asus V8200 Deluxe and its still holding up, although its starting to show its age in the later games.  Bloody thing cost me so much I just can't let go.  My computer has a total of 8 fans, noisy as hell but keeps everything nice and cool.

I dont play many of the latest games because i dont want to spend money on a new cpu and vid card. still got this 1.3 thunderbird and gefrece3 TD 64mb. Does well with the ram i won playing games and mines only got 4 fans, and its nice and quiet. I can hear the hdd over them. for an althon mine runs great at 35 :D

• Replies 62.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chaos

• Ska

• BelGarion

• Nexus9

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Predator,

re: your profile R33 go-kart, do you mean the 33 handles like a go-kart, you drive it like a go-kart, or you have a go-kart as well?....just wondering

And on the subject of go-karts, do you guys ever do like a SAU kart day thing?

pred, darrinspencer and myself were talking about a kart day at Drag Combat...

You can usually organise corporate events for around $60 which include qualifying, heats and a final...

Prerequisite IMO is electronic timing... I also have a preference for 2strokes :D

pred, darrinspencer and myself were talking about a kart day at Drag Combat...

You can usually organise corporate events for around $60 which include qualifying, heats and a final...

Prerequisite IMO is electronic timing...  I also have a preference for 2strokes :D

Definitely 2 stroke!!!

Brisbane kart hire has good 2 strokes but the track is pretty boring (the old Archerfield track (they have moved somewhere close by but haven't checked it out yet))

Willowbank is a nice and more demanding track with some nice long straights and good corner combos, but the majority of the karts are 4 strokes, apart from 1 or 2 rotax's which a heaps of fun.

I would be extremely keen if you are organising an event/corporate day.

Was talking to Phil today and the GTR is now in compliance!!!!  Which means if I can organise myself tomorrow I shall go down the coast for a look.  Sweet!  Can't wait, its all getting very close now.  Its only been 2 months and 2 weeks since I purchased the car, soooo long.

YAY! i cant wait to see this car

Last time I went to Willowbank the timing was appauling and the karts were a bit fuxored... ie bald tyres, no brakes... Track is nice though...

LeMans suxs...

MSI is pretty good... Timing is excellent, Track is good fun, Facility is well set up... My only complaint would be that the karts are fairly disparate in performance...

Parklands on the Gold Coast has some seriously fast 2strokes and 1 hell of a scary track but I'm not sure if they do events...

Haven't heard good things about Big Karts (or something) up northways...

No experience with any other tracks...

Haven't been in QLD that long so haven't been to too many tracks.

I agree, you need good timing and karts of equal performance so everyone is on a level playing field.

Parklands sounds good from your description....what's the fun if you don't have your heart in your mouth every now and then :D

re: your profile R33 go-kart, do you mean the 33 handles like a go-kart, you drive it like a go-kart, or you have a go-kart as well?....just wondering

And on the subject of go-karts, do you guys ever do like a SAU kart day thing?

lol.. i was wondering whether somebody would ever ask that. Basically when I had the entire dash out of the car, i basically just had a steering column, and seats.. no speedo, no stereo, no dash, no heater box, no nothing. Felt like a go-kart driving around and looked like it too - was kind of fun for a while too :D Got some funny looks at the lights.

yep, but we were also talking about go-karting on saturday (drag combat) and how that could be a good event for everybody if we could get the numbers.

We had a corporate day at Kingston park for our x-mas party last year, it was fun, but we were so sure that we were 2nd or 3rd well even on the lead lap, but when they called the race due to time restrictions we found out we were 7th and 3 laps down on the leader, which I still believe was total crap!

But all in all the track is fun, the karts are a bit piss weak in the performance area, but still can drift em :D

Just about to tee up my 100k service this week at Gav's so hopefully I'll be able to atend this thurs (points at strutto) so what's happening?