SAU Community

Aussie Delivered R32 Gtr's

Hi All

Just keeping in touch after travelling for a while. Still got the R32 which is going well and the R30 is just about finished. A while ago I bought a VS Senator off the same chap I bought the R32 from. It has a Peter Brock 5.7l stroker and the Walkinshaw tuneable suspension. Kidding it doesn't have a big drink when pushed. Good tow car though. If anyone wants sheep skins seat covers there is a company called Mortels in Newcastle that make the best. Front seats about $800 which you have leave with them.

Went to Bathurst for the "Super Cars", off course along the Putty Road and pulled in behind a 455 (I think) Ferrari at Bulga. It then proceeded at the speed limit or less round all the twisty bits. Don't know how you could drive a car like that along that road without giving it a squirt.

How about visiting Newcastle sometime or a drive up the valley?

John

Actually....... Mine came with lambswool seat covers too!

I wonder if there is something in this?

Bob.

Are these front seat only? Can someone please post photos?

Has anyone taken the covers off and noticed any tags to identify the manufacturer? Nissan Australia would have outsourced it.

If anyone can identify the manufacturer please let me know as I am keen to get some made up, and they may still have the pattern. Lambswool on those contoured seats will save me from getting a sweaty back in the sun, and save my original seat covers.

Does anyone know if you can still buy the front lips? If so any ideas what they are worth. My driveway and garage has taken its toll on mine.

Yes....... Well you could about 6 months ago anyway.

Part Number - NI-96015-05U00

List price $480.52 + GST. When you order one, get on your hands and knees and beg for a discount.

If you beg hard enough you may get up to 20% off that.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Bob.

Does anyone know if you can still buy the front lips? If so any ideas what they are worth. My driveway and garage has taken its toll on mine.

The code in FAST is 96015M (see the pic below). Entering it into the parts database that Amayama use gives this result:

http://nissan.epc-data.com/skyline/bnr32/3885-rb26dett/body/960/96015M/

960-_001.png

Hitting the 'See all prices' link gives this result:

http://www.amayama.c...h/?q=9601505U00

Lowest price approx AUD$267 plus freight ex UAE

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, have just had my car resprayed and ordered what i thought was the bonnet emblem from the Nissan Australia release PDF...

Part number is 62892-62C00 "Bonnet Badge - Nissan"

The part that has arrived has two pins in the back of it... am I right in assuming that I just snap off the two plastic pins? Or has anyone else an alternate part number?

cheers

hey guys, have just had my car resprayed and ordered what i thought was the bonnet emblem from the Nissan Australia release PDF...

Part number is 62892-62C00 "Bonnet Badge - Nissan"

The part that has arrived has two pins in the back of it... am I right in assuming that I just snap off the two plastic pins? Or has anyone else an alternate part number?

cheers

how does it look with the new paint? Pics pls :)

Hi All

Just keeping in touch after travelling for a while. Still got the R32 which is going well and the R30 is just about finished. A while ago I bought a VS Senator off the same chap I bought the R32 from. It has a Peter Brock 5.7l stroker and the Walkinshaw tuneable suspension. Kidding it doesn't have a big drink when pushed. Good tow car though. If anyone wants sheep skins seat covers there is a company called Mortels in Newcastle that make the best. Front seats about $800 which you have leave with them.

Went to Bathurst for the "Super Cars", off course along the Putty Road and pulled in behind a 455 (I think) Ferrari at Bulga. It then proceeded at the speed limit or less round all the twisty bits. Don't know how you could drive a car like that along that road without giving it a squirt.

How about visiting Newcastle sometime or a drive up the valley?

John

yes, we need to organise an ADM cruise...I will have my new digital SLR camera soon so I can practice taking some pics on the day!

how does it look with the new paint? Pics pls :)

yes, we need to organise an ADM cruise...I will have my new digital SLR camera soon so I can practice taking some pics on the day!

Marko, pics to come... I went out last week for a drive to take some pics, but when I got to where I wanted to take pics I left my CF card in the reader. Fail.

Will probably head out this week again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

My well used ADM (the old Linfox car) with 205k on the odo is currently going through with some "renovations" - mainly because parts are wearing out. I've just had a complete engine rebuild with new crank, pistons, turbos and clutch so that box is ticked - started off just wanting to do the clutch and timing belt....something about a looseish harmonic balancer from a previous owner.

Anyway the next items are the seats. The drivers side back rest bolster has worn through to the foam (just). Only option is replace or recover. All R32 GTR seats are getting old now and only the pristine cars will not need sorting out.

Any of you good people know what can be done to re-cover the seats?

I've spoken to an automotive upolsterer here in Brisbane who's told me the covers are glued onto the foam and it can't taken off without taking half the foam with it. His option was to put new covers over the existing - it makes sense but I don't know enough about it and it's not my preferred option.

Any feedback on other ideas or potential repairers (including interstate) will be much appreciated

John

Amayama has complete new seats ex-Japan. A snip at $3,650 each :/

http://nissan.epc-data.com/skyline/bnr32/3884-rb26dtt/body/870/

There's not much to be saved by just buying the cushion assembly and back assembly - they're USD$1,650 each anyway:

http://nissan.epc-data.com/skyline/bnr32/3884-rb26dtt/body/870/87300M/

http://nissan.epc-data.com/skyline/bnr32/3884-rb26dtt/body/870/87600M/

Hi guys,

My well used ADM (the old Linfox car) with 205k on the odo is currently going through with some "renovations" - mainly because parts are wearing out. I've just had a complete engine rebuild with new crank, pistons, turbos and clutch so that box is ticked - started off just wanting to do the clutch and timing belt....something about a looseish harmonic balancer from a previous owner.

Anyway the next items are the seats. The drivers side back rest bolster has worn through to the foam (just). Only option is replace or recover. All R32 GTR seats are getting old now and only the pristine cars will not need sorting out.

Any of you good people know what can be done to re-cover the seats?

I've spoken to an automotive upolsterer here in Brisbane who's told me the covers are glued onto the foam and it can't taken off without taking half the foam with it. His option was to put new covers over the existing - it makes sense but I don't know enough about it and it's not my preferred option.

Any feedback on other ideas or potential repairers (including interstate) will be much appreciated

John

Hi John,

You best bet is to try and track down a good passenger seat and get you trimmer to convert it to a driver's seat.

It's a bit of mucking around but can be done. My trimmer did it for my JDM.

Even if you could find a good drivers side seat, odds are they would have the passenger seat too so you would have to by the set.

There is no other option. Re trimming over the original will not look much chop. What he said is true, the material is vulcanised onto the foam.

Good luck......

Bob.