SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

so the official response from Kando is this

td06 - 9 blade: 179g

td06 - 11blade: 220g

overall difference in spool is negligent for $350. No difference in flow wise the advise

Its still a 41g weight saving and you will be 350$ lighter....should have yourself a 10second car now

Has anybody used one of these on an rb20 before? I'm almost keen to give one a shot due to the bolt-on/standard look factor.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Upgrade-Turbocharger-RB20DET-RB25DET-w-Stage-3-Turbine-68mm-Comp-450BHP-/281199995072?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4178d368c0

Would I expect it to behave similarly to a TD06-20g, maybe slightly slower to come on?

I currently have one on my freshly swapped RB20DET S13.

I don't know how a td06-20g spool on a rb20, but this one comes on boost in the low 2000 rpm and hit 0.5b before 3000rpm.

This is with FFP, standard cast exhaust manifold, ceramic coated turbine housing and complete 3" exhaust system, stock ECU, stock tune and stock injectors.

I don't know much more right now.

No dyno yet and no one planned.

I just finished the car, i have a lot of things to do to make the engine bay neater, the PAS pump just died on me and I have to sort the AAC valve getting continuous 12v.

I'll be running the max boost I can with the stock MAF/injectors when I'll get a tune.

Unfortunately it won't happen before several months.

I did some slight pull yesterday, the turbo pulls very well, my cluster isn't working (an other thing to sort), so I can't give you any rpm to boost numbers, the speedo is climbing a little to fast to do the math and know at wich rpm the engine is. :P

I don't know if the turbo is creeping or if kando rate their actuator a little low but I hit 17 psi. :wacko:

The spring is rated 15 psi, and I have the least preload I can have on it.

I'll get a softer spring ASAP and let you know how things goes.

I had an CA18 with a GT2560R and a tune in that car before. The RB is a little less responsive down low, but a lot more anywhere more than say 3500 rpm or so.

i made 235kw with the kando highflow on e85 at 19 psi on a rb20det... tunner says the turbo spikes and if i weld shut the internal gate and add a external wastegate i could see 250+kw...

Hey mate please give us more detail on your car and setup, and provide a dyno sheet if you could!

We can try help you see better results, and the details are always good to share for other members.

RB20DET Internally stock

990 cc injectors

Blitz return flow intercooler

standard exhaust manifold

turbo back 3 inch all the way thru to zorts

split fire coil pack

044 bosh intank fuel pump

Ems ecu

united E85

KINUGAWA rb20/25 highflow with adjustable actuator set at 20psi but spikes down to 18 psi

Greddy EBC (apparently malfunctioning) boost set from actuator...

Nice power curve. :)

The pressure tapering down to 18psi is certainly due to too much exhaust back pressure blowing the flapper open.

Fixing your greddy EBC should place the power right where it should be at high rpm. :)

I had an CA18 with a GT2560R and a tune in that car before. The RB is a little less responsive down low, but a lot more anywhere more than say 3500 rpm or so.

what it loses in response it makes up in torque....and everybody knows torque wins races

RB20DET Internally stock

990 cc injectors

Blitz return flow intercooler

standard exhaust manifold

turbo back 3 inch all the way thru to zorts

split fire coil pack

044 bosh intank fuel pump

Ems ecu

united E85

KINUGAWA rb20/25 highflow with adjustable actuator set at 20psi but spikes down to 18 psi

Greddy EBC (apparently malfunctioning) boost set from actuator...

Thanks for providing that!

What core is in the highflow? TD05/06 16/18/20G?? Regardless of which one the power is low for E85, but telling us which turbo will help me understand how far off target you are.

You should try have your tuner turn the motor a bit longer... RB20s aren't shy at revving to 8k in some cases, and a fiddle with some adjustable cam gears may help you broaden that powerband a fair way.

The only Kando hybrid I know of is a 20G on a T3 turbine wheel in Nissan (based?) housings - bit of a weird combo imho, and 20G probably never going to justify itself in this kind of setup. 16G would have given this power!

The only Kando hybrid I know of is a 20G on a T3 turbine wheel in Nissan (based?) housings - bit of a weird combo imho, and 20G probably never going to justify itself in this kind of setup. 16G would have given this power!

They have recently built a skyline specific TD range, but I am not sure if anyone has one yet.

Will wait to see what OP comes back with!

Lithium are you refering at my results? are you saying i should be getting td 20g power level? by the way my tuner was kind of shy trying to push the rb20 he only wanted to go max 18 psi but i kept pushing for 21psi... he was very concerned about reliabilty of the motor...the car was tuned at in car racing in wetherill park the car.

any recomendations to get a bit more power? do you guys think i could crack 260kw if i add external wastegate? adjust the cams? and go to a different tunner? JEM maybe ? i dont think incar racing was up to scratch with the tune.. when i mentioned to play with my adjustable cam gears they said it would make no difference and thats when i knew he was probably not the best tunner to take my car.. only went there because my mate works at the place...

any recomendations to get a bit more power? do you guys think i could crack 260kw if i add external wastegate? adjust the cams? and go to a different tunner? JEM maybe ? i dont think incar racing was up to scratch with the tune.. when i mentioned to play with my adjustable cam gears they said it would make no difference and thats when i knew he was probably not the best tunner to take my car.. only went there because my mate works at the place...

Get a hypergear high flow or a ss1pu, then take it back to your tuner.