N1GTR

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wollongong Pre-meet details:

I thought I would organise a little pre-meet in Wollongong for us south coast members.

I have laid out the directions on googles maps for the route we should take. From the North Gate Maccas car park pre-meet point (A) ==> to BP Petrol Station (B) ==> to the official meet point ( C ).

GOOGLE MAPS LINK

Pre-meet @ North Gate Maccas car park:

I figured this is the best place to meet as everyone knows where it is. There's also a BP station directly opposite as well.

Meet time: 8:00am

Depart time: 8:15am sharp

Tolls @ M7:

Since we'll be taking the M7, there will be a toll charge. You can get a 'Visitors e-PASS' from the Roam website here.

All you have to provide are your address/contact details, number plate, start and end date, and credit card. I always put the end date a day or 2 later than when I'm expecting to come back, just in case. If you don't own a credit card for this, then PM me and I should be able to help you out.

BP Petrol Station @ McGraths Hill:

This will be a good time to fill up while you can and it's only 10 mins away from the official Clarendon meet point. I have confirmed they have Ultimate 98 for those wondering.

That's about it I guess. If people can reply here and let me know if you're coming to the pre-meet, that will give us a good idea of who to expect. Be sure to PM or contact me on 0403 870 143 if you have any problems :)

Edited by Owens

I thought I would organise a little pre-meet in Wollongong for us south coast members.

I have laid out the directions on googles maps for the route we should take. From the North Gate Maccas car park pre-meet point (A) ==> to BP Petrol Station (B) ==> to the official meet point ( C ).

GOOGLE MAPS LINK

I figured this is the best place to meet as everyone knows where it is. There's also a BP station directly opposite as well.

Tolls @ M7:

Since we'll be taking the M7, there will be a toll charge. You can get a 'Visitors e-PASS' from the Roam website here.

All you have to provide are your address/contact details, number plate, start and end date, and credit card. I always put the end date a day or 2 later than when I'm expecting to come back, just in case. If you don't own a credit card for this, then PM me and I should be able to help you out.

This will be a good time to fill up while you can and it's only 10 mins away from the official Clarendon meet point. I have confirmed they have Ultimate 98 for those wondering.

That's about it I guess. If people can reply here and let me know if you're coming to the pre-meet, that will give us a good idea of who to expect. Be sure to PM or contact me on 0403 870 143 if you have any problems :)

or you can stay on richmond road instead of turning onto garfield and stop at shell across from windsor downs also 10mins from meet point but you won't have to backtrack, then turn right at roundabout onto george street which turns into macquarie road follow that till hawksbury road on left, then right onto percival, i think that is more straight forward, i can meet you guys there if you like and lead the rest of way, just a suggestion

Edited by XKLABA

GOOGLE MAPS LINK

Tolls @ M7:

Top job Owen,you realy are a nice young fella.See ya at maccas at 8.Genelle. :banana:

You don't have to hang around for lunch... you could just leave at Singleton and head to work. I don't know how long it would take to get there sorry :( I would think you'd be fine though.

EDIT: hmm looks like it's about 2 1/2 hours so if we leave at 10.30am you wouldn't get back till 3.30pm :(

Maybe you could come halfway and then turnaround or something?

Has anyone kept count as to how many cars are likely to attend at this stage?

Bob.

Not really :)

Being a cruise we arent fussed about exact numbers. Some of the best cruises have been with under 10 people, so yeah keeping track of who's in and out really isnt required

weather looks to be sunny and 28 degrees :)

Perfect weather for taking out a GTR :D

hey guys, i'd love to go, however i was wondering when this even would finish roughly? as i have work at 3pm at blacktown, is it even a possible i could make it back?

Best way; go to whereis.com.au, type in the location you need to be at, then do directions to Singleton. Then see how long it says and add 20 mins for red lights - too easy

Some people do turn around at the halfway house, gives you a good hour of cruising on some beautiful roads!

Yeah. You could do that, but that'd be pretty gay. The best bit of the whole road is the last 16ks of road from Howes valley to Milbrodale. That's the best god damn section on the whole road!! Yee haa!

to the "gong" crew... what time would you say you'd be going past Prestons/Casula cause i'll be coming through the M5 from Brighton and i'd like to join... as in .. :whistling: "Oh when the Saints...." :whistling:

to the "gong" crew... what time would you say you'd be going past Prestons/Casula cause i'll be coming through the M5 from Brighton and i'd like to join... as in .. :whistling: "Oh when the Saints...." :whistling:

I'm not that far from Brighton, would be good to join up with the gongers somewhere/somehow

Okay gang. I am currently at the pub which is the destination for the cruise to Singleton. Just on my second schooner after breakfast after work, whilst being served by topless waitresses. .

The staff would like a number of the amount of people that'll be attending the pub for lunch. I told em 20.

Is there anyway we can get a bit of an idea of the amount of people that'll be coming. That way the pub will know how many staff to put on for the day.

We would be passing Prestons/Casula, under Kurrajong Rd bridge at about 9:10am.

Might be a little difficult to meet up on the move, unless you want to wait for us under the bridge on the M7 for us to go past :)

Okay gang. I am currently at the pub which is the destination for the cruise to Singleton. Just on my second schooner after breakfast after work, whilst being served by topless waitresses. .

The staff would like a number of the amount of people that'll be attending the pub for lunch. I told em 20.

Is there anyway we can get a bit of an idea of the amount of people that'll be coming. That way the pub will know how many staff to put on for the day.

Awesome

I'd say 25 or so, its ok if we aren't all served straight away, a few minutes wait won't hurt :)

Let me know if you can't tell them and I'll call them later today