SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

The coolant thermostat? It's just three bolts, no need to remove the radiator or fan.

With the o2 issue, I seem to remember Jaycar having a kit to combat this very problem. Perhaps you could look into it?

I'm pulling the radiator out anyway to put the Mishi in, and switching to thermos.

I'll look into the Jaycar kit and see what I can come up with.

I'm seeking some guidance on what i should do to my stagea next. I have a hi flow turbo, and need/want both the dump and the FMIC. I can't afford both just yet, so can anyone recommend which would be more beneficial to go in first.

Cheers

Dump/exhaust. No question. FMIC looks shiny and nice but didn't notice much difference.

and you wont notice a difference with the FMIC. but when its 40+ degrees, your car wont be as bad as the stock FMIC, and you can also safely run more boost.

I had a thrash around Sandown today, happy to say the car ran very well. Still have to work on the cooling setup, even those massive 30 row coolers aren't up to the task. I may have to invest in some kind of water spaying setup for the front. 30 degree day at full noise saw everything shoot up. Oil hit 127 degrees, water 122 and the trans got to 105, all within 3 laps. :unsure:

At least the gearbox was ok. No limp mode, no slipping clutches. :)

Thats impressive Scotty. Thermos or clutch fan?

I've seen guys run water sprayers on intercoolers down here and seems to work a treat. Might be worth a go, and sounds like a cheap solution.

I got the Mishimoto radiator in today finally. Not a fun job. Even the new G35 radiator needs a lot of modding to make it fit.

Still need to connect the hoses and fill it up, and sort out the trans cooler. Not a job I'll be doing today, outside, in 39 degree heat.

Twin thermo's and the engine fan, all running constant.

Those Mishimoto radiators are a little difficult to fit, the top right mounting pin is slightly out, meaning you need to ditch the rubber part, and the condenser is hard up against it.

I had a thrash around Sandown today, happy to say the car ran very well. Still have to work on the cooling setup, even those massive 30 row coolers aren't up to the task. I may have to invest in some kind of water spaying setup for the front. 30 degree day at full noise saw everything shoot up. Oil hit 127 degrees, water 122 and the trans got to 105, all within 3 laps. :unsure:

At least the gearbox was ok. No limp mode, no slipping clutches. :)

Rear mounted radiator?

2265496339_43240bfaa9.jpg2263497193_e13e09c576.jpg

Glad you had no failures; you could always drive slower... :whistling:

Edited by Daleo

In a Christmas miracle, the car is back together, radiator in, Nismo thermostat in, Mishimoto silicon hoses in, B&M trans cooler in, bled (sort of), trans topped up, and ready to go.

That Mishi radiator is a bloody pain to fit. And bleeding these things? Scotty's cooling mod makes it easier but its still a bitch. Seems like the trick is to get the billet tap exactly upright the whole time you're bleeding.

Looking forward to driving for the first bit of tomorrow, and then giving it some hills spanking on the way up to Mannum for holidays!

In a Christmas miracle, the car is back together, radiator in, Nismo thermostat in, Mishimoto silicon hoses in, B&M trans cooler in, bled (sort of), trans topped up, and ready to go.

What nismo thermostat did you fit. Is the one for the vq35 the same?