SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

I'm rebuilding a VQ25det at the moment, it seems Nissan cant sell me any big end rod bearings... Wat?

I wonder if VQ35 ones will fit, anyone know a way to find out? I guess I will have to measure the stock rods and compare them somehow...

I didn't do anything....

But Scotty saved me by sourcing and fitting a new rad this afternoon, after mine decided it no longer wanted to keep the water on the inside... Bleeding the cooling system is a biatch...

Good to finally meet Aaron as well after all these years..

Thanks again mate!!! :cheers:

the bearing grades will be very minor differences in clearance...probably 1/10th of 20thou. If you are not buying nissan they will only have one grade. If you are buying nissan you could carefully measure everything....or just pick the middle grade and go with that

I didn't do anything....

But Scotty saved me by sourcing and fitting a new rad this afternoon, after mine decided it no longer wanted to keep the water on the inside... Bleeding the cooling system is a biatch...

How did it go on the way home Nick? I should have sold you that spare coolant mod, it would have been quicker to fit that than bleed your engine...

How did it go on the way home Nick? I should have sold you that spare coolant mod, it would have been quicker to fit that than bleed your engine...

Ran like a dream thanks Scott. Temp gauge sat where it is supposed to the whole way home. Also drove across all possible bumps to give it all a good shake for bubble movements..

Swapped out the battery, and as expected the little window was showing bright red... New battery has restored normal starting..

I didn't do anything....

Ha good to finally meet you too mate! Glad Scott got it all sorted!

Just fitted the HKS sensors for the F-con. Nissan was nice enough to leave me a decent spot to drill and tap the IAT sensor into the pipe the BOV mounts to, and two holes blanked off that I can mount the MAP sensor to. Just need to plumb the MAP sensor in now, thinking directly to the plenum rather than try and tap another thing in where the factory sensors are.

Also dropped the oil, replaced with fresh 300V and a Greddy filter. Guess I've got one more fill with 300V, 1L left over :/

Best measure of intake pressure is in the end of the plenum. Same place Nissan put the barb for the OEM sensor.

Right I'm with you now, the tiny hose on the end. Although there's also a factory sensor in the BOV pipe too.

Went on a little cruise with the v35/36 club of WA.. theyve adopted m35's into the club as theres not many in the scene. Met my first m35 other than mine today as NickM91 came along for the cruise .. had a great time and shared lots of info.. :cheers:

post-97600-0-47701000-1354973242_thumb.jpg

post-97600-0-47576700-1354973255_thumb.jpg