SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

The car is back on the road! We did the final bits and pieces today including craig's H/W crank sensor mod!(pure genius).Then took it for a spin.....all i can say is f**k me dose it go,and it's not even tuned yet! When i got home i was shaking my heart was racing and i had a very dry mouth as i couldn't keep it closed from all the f**king power that this car now has.I'd like to thank Scotty for all his time, work and patience over the past year and a half :worship: if it wasn't for him it would never have got done,so thanks very much mate.

So I think I worked out why my M35 keeps throwing the code 1320. I took the coil packs off to change the plugs and half of the plugs were covered in oil on the outside. The tubes look like the seals are leaking and oil is getting past the O rings in the rocker covers.

Has anyone else experienced this? And the best place to get rocker cover gaskets and the o rings.

So I think I worked out why my M35 keeps throwing the code 1320. I took the coil packs off to change the plugs and half of the plugs were covered in oil on the outside. The tubes look like the seals are leaking and oil is getting past the O rings in the rocker covers.

Has anyone else experienced this? And the best place to get rocker cover gaskets and the o rings.

Common VQ issue, but understand they have been filling up (weeping) over the years, if you clean them out they should be fine for more years to come.

You will need to replace the rocker cover, as the plug tube seals aren't replaceable. Amayama would be the cheapest bet, or second hand if you are game.

As oil is an insulator it is unlikely to be the source of the code unfortunately.

The car is back on the road! We did the final bits and pieces today including craig's H/W crank sensor mod!(pure genius).Then took it for a spin.....all i can say is f**k me dose it go,and it's not even tuned yet! When i got home i was shaking my heart was racing and i had a very dry mouth as i couldn't keep it closed from all the f**king power that this car now has.I'd like to thank Scotty for all his time, work and patience over the past year and a half :worship: if it wasn't for him it would never have got done,so thanks very much mate.

No problem buddy, glad to help.

Bit of a step up in power mate, take it easy in the wet... :)

Glad it's back on the road. Have to catch up and go for a spin.

Certainly all the hard yards put in by Scotty, no doubt about it however I believe I did reignite the project flame when I took your turbo and Scotty fitted it to mine. Otherwise it still would have been an idling project.

Not an idling project, I wanted his rebuilt engine out of my garage so I could get some space back. The extra power from the ss2 was just a bonus for him. :P

Definitely need to get a cruise organised, as soon as it's tuned properly.

A working one for 4 digits?

That's just not fair!

Needed the clutch replaced but could still drive and the aircon compressor f'd! Even had rego!

And now in the process of driving it across to Brisbane from Darwin

Stagea booked in this saturday to get 3 inch dumpipe back and get my 3inch varex installed. Also purchased full set of r32gtr front brakes. Finally get to hear this engine besides boost spool

Stagea booked in this saturday to get 3 inch dumpipe back and get my 3inch varex installed. Also purchased full set of r32gtr front brakes. Finally get to hear this engine besides boost spool

thats the same brake up grade i have, let me know how the varex goes ?