SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Stupid question. Isn't it drivable just by disconnecting it ? Just to make it home and not have to call a truck

sometimes it may enter limp mode, but for my experience, my car kept stall.

Edited by YangLIU

Stupid question. Isn't it drivable just by disconnecting it ? Just to make it home and not have to call a truck

yeah I noticed the fault counter at home and yeah I know that goes into fault mode when taken out of the connector.

towing is free. the insurance company will pay

I was able to drive mine with a blown AFM on all three occasions it happened to me, one trip I was about 100km from home and it got there. I don't know why some cars would be able to be driven whilst some others aren't. Just another M35 mystery.

I hate when under lights / panel is dirty
always have to start to clean up properly
now cleaned and waxed
post-139912-0-03557000-1460714851_thumb.jpg

final result brakelight panel
post-139912-0-48340900-1460714776_thumb.jpg
  • Like 1

HDI intercooler ready to be fitte, front lower arm bushes to be pressed in, waiting for m35rv1 turbo and 14psi actuator, new rocker cover gaskets and Lfr7aix spark plugs, b&m trans cooler fitted, banjo restrictors drilled out. Still waiting for mishimoto coolant hoses, nismo thermostat and am performance dump. Cannot wait to drive this thingpost-142568-0-31293300-1460779832_thumb.jpgpost-142568-0-74675000-1460779902_thumb.jpgpost-142568-0-63248700-1460780039_thumb.jpgpost-142568-0-61998100-1460780173_thumb.jpg

What can you read with that unit? And does it work?

Havnt started the car yet as i havnt fitted turbo, but with ignition on i can cycle through rpm, throttle %, boost, water temp, oil temp, oil pressure, injector duty cycle and vehicle speed

Finally found the last pieces to my M35 Stagea 'E' trim code swap. Next will be the head lining in tan.

Not hassling you for it, and I know colours are a subjective thing, but why do you want to swap to beige? My one regret with my Stag is the interior colour, especially since I have kids. It's depressing watching the seats change from sparkling clean to dirty over time, at least the dark interiors hide it.

Edited by Hertz Donut

The lower section of my car is dark (charcoal & black except seats), the top 1/2 is beige/tqn (whatever you want to call it) as it was originally light grey (so this colour is actually darker than what i had). And as i got the burnt orange 350z seats for a steal ($250 - good luck finding a set at this price) i actually dont mind the colour so trying to match to them. edf0e43b45f642ec6ab5053d8cd8f2a6.jpg

As you can see the lower is darker and for a car that wits in the garage 90% of the time doesnt get kiddy grime.

As with all cars they are for individuals and your post is appreciated. Beige interior os so much better than the light grey thats for sure. Oh and i am 1 of 2 m35s (that i am aware of ) who have the rear roof panel not molested by 3 child restraints.

00a026e3c1d4d3cfaf160564cfeaf99f.jpg

Edited by joshm35

Ah, forgot you had the Z seats, makes more sense now. The 2-tone effect will actually look pretty cool I reckon, almost custom.

Oh lawd, I just had flashbacks to all-white vinyl interiors from the late '90s/early '00s. I wish I hadn't just eaten dinner...

Yeah... sucks they wernt black but the orange is just as nice. Kept all the lower 1/2 black and soon to be completed with black carpet. I was just testing the black headlining but going with a tan colour (cant find a m35 headliner in tan as they all have sunroofs) and i dont have the sunroofs..... yet ;)

Also i have noticed i have a different steering wheel then everone else. Any clue as to what its off?

It's not just the steering wheel, your whole car is pointing the wrong way!

Also i have noticed i have a different steering wheel then everone else. Any clue as to what its off?

Steering wheel is from a Y50 Fuga, something a bit different, nice one!

Also have a look at the Infinity M35, you might be able to get the cruise switches from the USA.

Yeah... sucks they wernt black but the orange is just as nice. Kept all the lower 1/2 black and soon to be completed with black carpet. I was just testing the black headlining but going with a tan colour (cant find a m35 headliner in tan as they all have sunroofs) and i dont have the sunroofs..... yet ;)

I'd love a black head lining. That would look great.

You doing it yourself Josh ?

Pretty difficult upholstery job there.

I'd keep it to only 2 colours .