SAU Community

Requirements For This Combo?

REMANIS

Hey guys basically I'm putting together a engine combo for a good daily driver come track/drift car.

Its an R33 gtst rb25det

So far I'm looking at use the following parts:

Extreme drift clutch

A forward facing plenum (it's just a cheepy)

HKS GTRS turbo

Front mount cooler

High rise manifold

Set of cams

injectors

Aftermarket ECU

So my questions are what size injectors do I need?

And what are the recommended cam specs?

Cheers

How much power do you want? Injectors very roughly 1cc per hp but if you plan on going further later just get the bigger injectors (e.g. ID1000) now. Get a new fuel pump. To start out you will get better bang for buck spending your money on bigger turbo rather than cams or headwork. Don't forget to budget for brakes and suspension.

Hey guys basically I'm putting together a engine combo for a good daily driver come track/drift car.

Its an R33 gtst rb25det

So far I'm looking at use the following parts:

Extreme drift clutch

A forward facing plenum (it's just a cheepy)

Front mount cooler

High rise manifold

Set of cams

injectors

Aftermarket ECU

So my questions are what size injectors do I need?

And what are the recommended cam specs?

Cheers

Don't bother with plenum or manifold... as said

Use that money for oil cooler, fuel pump, boost controller, Z32, possible coils.

How's the diff? Suspension? Brakes?

Nismo 555's will do the job

Tomei Poncams.

Cheers guys the diff is already shimmed and I am doing all the other bits and peices you have all mentioned like like pump and Susspension.

I'm hoping for around 300-350hp.

So I should be able to get away with some gtr injectors then yeah.

As above have said for that size turbo and power dont waste your money on a plenum especially a cheap copy. Also stock manifold is fine and yeah leave the cams til last and I would also go for some drop ins like tomei poncams.

And no you cant use gtr injectors as they are top feed , you need side feed. If you are wanting the cheap way out then a set of s15 injectors should get you through but I would go brand new nismo 555 or 740 depending on the price difference at the time.

I'm running a gt2781r (equivalent to the hks gt-rs but sr flange lol), and i'm using tomei 550cc injectors. They are at 65% duty cycle though i do have a nismo fpr but it's probably running default/close to default factory pressure. However maybe look at 740's or higher though for future upgrade or making the move to e85.

Like said, you won't need a manifold or plenum though the plenum would be nice. From what i've looked up, the forward facing greddy will net around 10rwkw extra up top but lose low/mid torque due to shorter runner lengths.

With regards to cams, not too sure you need them to be honest. I've no practical experience with cams on my engine but from these forums, it seems unless you're flowing over 300kwatw, drop in cams will actually hinder performance mid and up top.

Someone mentioned headwork too.. my setup gained 10rwkw over the whole rev range from porting the head etc (it was already apart for a rebuild).

Oh, should mention i'm sitting on 320hp. The gt-rs should make an oomph more as it'll have the proper t3 flange and being hks lol.

Have a look at pm-r33 's build. He's using a gt-rs and pushing it with bolt ons, headwork/cams, nos etc.

I'm running a gt2781r (equivalent to the hks gt-rs but sr flange lol), and i'm using tomei 550cc injectors. They are at 65% duty cycle though i do have a nismo fpr but it's probably running default/close to default factory pressure. However maybe look at 740's or higher though for future upgrade or making the move to e85.

Like said, you won't need a manifold or plenum though the plenum would be nice. From what i've looked up, the forward facing greddy will net around 10rwkw extra up top but lose low/mid torque due to shorter runner lengths.

With regards to cams, not too sure you need them to be honest. I've no practical experience with cams on my engine but from these forums, it seems unless you're flowing over 300kwatw, drop in cams will actually hinder performance mid and up top.

Someone mentioned headwork too.. my setup gained 10rwkw over the whole rev range from porting the head etc (it was already apart for a rebuild).

Oh, should mention i'm sitting on 320hp. The gt-rs should make an oomph more as it'll have the proper t3 flange and being hks lol.

Have a look at pm-r33 's build. He's using a gt-rs and pushing it with bolt ons, headwork/cams, nos etc.

The drop in cams will not hinder performance up to and mid. Providing your not trying to use them on a stock turbo and have an adjustable exhuast cam gear and play around with it good gains can be made mainly throughout mid range and top end will probably have minor gain but nothing much.

Thanks for that run down on your setup mate that's a big help. The main reason I'm thinking of doing the cams is because the motor will be out shortly going to another shell so just wanting to do any bit witch are easier while the motor is out.

I'm going to do the timing belt and rear main seal as well!

Thanks for that run down on your setup mate that's a big help. The main reason I'm thinking of doing the cams is because the motor will be out shortly going to another shell so just wanting to do any bit witch are easier while the motor is out.

I'm going to do the timing belt and rear main seal as well!

If your doing the belt and you got the money for the cams go for it just keep in mind also if doing cams to drop some better valve springs in as the stock ones sometimes give out especially if you going to have more lift with the new cams but yeah you might get away with stock ones you might not up to you if you want to take the chance and maybe clean the lifters up aswell for peace of mind. Thats what I did anyway.

if its going to get used for track id suggest a bigger better radiator, i think sum one above mentioned a oil cooler. for drift and track id also want to have a surge tank setup and probably aslo chuck in a oil catch can.

forget the cams and plenum

Simon I already ordered a clutch got the extreme drift clutch lol

I think I'll defiantly fit cams and gears when the engine comes out I strongly believe in the benefits of cams!

Also think I'll just run with the factory intake and manifold after herring from you all, probably spend that cash on a decent cooling system I think.

When you say a decent ECU is that to say not a vipek?

So if I go the factor manifold does that mean a bolt on front mount kit will suit the GTRS setup.

ECU depends largely on the tuner of ur choice and what software they are familiar with. An apexi power FC + hand controller is pretty hard to go wrong with for around $1500 brand new

When you say a decent ECU is that to say not a vipek?

So if I go the factor manifold does that mean a bolt on front mount kit will suit the GTRS setup.

thick aftermarket radiator and oil cooler

vipec is a fine ecu, just make sure what ever ecu you go with your tuner is familiar with them.

if you get the full hks kit for the gtrs it should be a completely bolt on affair.