SAU Community

V8 Vh45De Into Stagea

dirtyRS4

these came in an awd Y32 cima, Q45 infinity and nissan atlas truck in the US.

VH45DE:

Forged steel crankshaft.

- Forged steel connecting rods.

- 6 Bolt main bearing caps with studs.

- Full-length main bearing girdle.

- Lightweight, floating pistons with molybdenum coating.

- Sodium-filled exhaust valves.

- Cross-flow cooling system.

- Hydraulic lash adjusters.

- Single-row silent timing chain.

- Coil-on-plug ignition system.

- Lifter buckets ride directly on cams to reduce friction.

- Redline of 6900 rpm, Or 7400 RPM's with a modified ECU.

- Compression ratio of 10.2 to 1.

- Bore of 93 mm and stroke of 82.7 mm.

- Dimensions: 890 mm(L) x 740 mm(W) x 725 mm(H).

i was gonna throw one of these in the s14a, but am havn second thoughts after being my mates LS1 powered silvia. scary stuff lol.

i brought this topic up last year. VH41DE retains VCT so is also a good consideration. any thoughts ppl? kgo...

250pxvh41de1.jpg

Edited by dirtyRS4

or better still, put a VQ25DET into your stagea :P

also, that engine in the pic looks like its setup for transverse configuration and you may need new manifolds. unless the coolant plumbing is very unique

Edited by zei20l
  • Like 1

i agree with Zei201.

fail. dont you mean N/A 3.5 from a M35? :thumbsup:

and even then it wouldnt produce the torque of a 3L or V8 unless you + T. fyi that is just a prototype pic from nissan. it came in rwd and awd configurations iirc.

Edited by dirtyRS4

VH45DE 393NMs@4000

VQ25DET 410NMs@3200

killjoy. lol. as if this is gonna be a standard build. :nyaanyaa: the long run potential with a VH45DET is much greater imo. aiming for around 600hp or more. a variation of this motor was highly developed for indy car in the US.

havent seen many high power VQ motors unless supercharged. jus sayn.

Edited by dirtyRS4

I havent seen many either, its not as common as the VH45DE, it also didnt come out in the states so doesnt have the modding support. that said, there are high powered ones in australia, the titles of those threads start with M35 so you probably didnt read them (no offence intended) and supercharging isnt all that, doesnt give you enough on the top end

is there enough room in the engine bay for the VH? looks like a wide V. whats the angle?

I havent seen many either, its not as common as the VH45DE, it also didnt come out in the states so doesnt have the modding support. that said, there are high powered ones in australia, the titles of those threads start with M35 so you probably didnt read them (no offence intended) and supercharging isnt all that, doesnt give you enough on the top end

is there enough room in the engine bay for the VH? looks like a wide V. whats the angle?

it does fit easily with minimal fabrication. do we have to have this conversation about, " you just cant substitute cubes." and do you really think your M35s are high powered- sif? very rarely do i see you guys forge your motors, running a heap of boost and waiting for detonation. lol, 3.5 manual n/a has much more potential than strapping on a big turbo, mani and injectors on your 2 tonne grandpa mobiles. (offense intended.)

Edited by dirtyRS4

my two tonne grandpa mobiles certainly leaves my sisters 350gt (with a VQ35DE) for dead.. and its not even tuned yet, running the standard ECU

who says grangdpa's are slow?

old_man_med.jpg

my two tonne grandpa mobiles certainly leaves my sisters 350gt (with a VQ35DE) for dead.. and its not even tuned yet, running the standard ECU

who says grangdpa's are slow?

so it should, but how bout a 3.5 + T. thats my point, lets be crystal clear.

and your fantastic point is?? thats a good photo of you mate. you should just be in your M35. lolski.

Edited by dirtyRS4

well, post pics when its done

u madd, u jelly? V8 in a awd stag. didnt mean to get inito the old M35 vs C34 convo but since you metioned it, i have to be truthful to the ppl. :whistling:

Edited by dirtyRS4

i didnt say into the stagea, you mentioned an S14a. S15 would be a better chassis anyway, but either chassis youll ruin the weight distribution.

look mate lets stay on the subject. from wot i have read is a VH41DE has a 56.4% weight distribution ratio in a 240sx. so a VH45DE cant be much more.

back on subject, any reasons why not to put both these motors in a S14a or stagea. some VH or RB info would be appreciated. dirt cheap in the US atm.

Edited by dirtyRS4

Hahaha, there goes dirtyRS4 doing what he can to start arguments.

killjoy. lol. as if this is gonna be a standard build. :nyaanyaa: the long run potential with a VH45DET is much greater imo. aiming for around 600hp or more. a variation of this motor was highly developed for indy car in the US.

Of course a 4.5L with a turbo or two strapped to it will give more power than a 2.5L with a turbo.

600hp? No problem on a VQ25, VQ35, VK45... how much cash you throwing at it?

Hell, even old tractor engines can do 600hp with enough cash thrown at them.

CCubed who do the R34 kits for stagea's and made our (crappy) roof rails was working on a AWD V8 I think it was the 4.1. The plan was to either single or twin turbo, can't remember. target around 800hp.

I am pretty sure he got to the custom fabrication stage mating the block to gearbox and engine mounts etc.

I am pretty sure he has given up the idea putting it in a stagea or GTR.

He was mainly devel0ping it for his other passion of race ski boats, where lots of power is needed for long periods of WOT. Not many 800hp++ engines can last long going flat out

Give Andrew an email and see if it has developed any further.

It may save you some time.

600hp? Thats no reason to change the dinosaur engine you have. lol.

Im almost there with my VQ25. The VQ35det im currently building would have more potential than your chassis can handle with a much lighter engine than the VH.

Your right- VQ35 is a sissy motor. Can't handle more than 1800 or 1900hp...:action-smiley-069:

clicky link

I think you'd have more success with a VQ35, due to the aftermarket parts variety. Very well supported- almost as much as a John Deere :whistling: