SAU Community

V8 Vh45De Into Stagea

dirtyRS4

Your right- VQ35 is a sissy motor. Can't handle more than 1800 or 1900hp...:action-smiley-069:

clicky link

I think you'd have more success with a VQ35, due to the aftermarket parts variety. Very well supported- almost as much as a John Deere :whistling:

cmon lets be reasonable and pull your head out of your arsefor a minute and have a sensible conversation, instead of turning this thread into mud. vq parts are admittably hard to get locally or overseas. the vk45 is a different matter even the vq is seeming old now a days.

and pm mad how much did you pay for that vq35de that you are gonna keep standard. 1900hp, at least it made me lawl.

ps: bob i have been on that website, it is affiliated to SAU. their xmas run with simon from rotarua to auckland wouldve been choice. will be back in nz in june for a burial.

VQ35 parts are NOT hard to get, you just don't find them in the bin like RB's. Just proving you have NFI what your talking about. Lets see- can you buy a whole cosworth VK45 long block, in 2 diff comp ratios?

Since when did this turn out to be how much did you pay for your car? Thats up to me, not you.

I'm now going to stand over with Zei20l- pics when its done.

VQ35 parts are NOT hard to get, you just don't find them in the bin like RB's. Just proving you have NFI what your talking about. Lets see- can you buy a whole cosworth VK45 long block, in 2 diff comp ratios?

Since when did this turn out to be how much did you pay for your car? Thats up to me, not you.

I'm now going to stand over with Zei20l- pics when its done.

i was willing to listen to your bs for about 30 secs. no need to be that rude.

now im gonna ask you politely to leave. you have no useful info to contribute. this does not apply to others. thnx for the replies.

Didn't mean to be rude mate. Sorry if i sounded it.

Found this- hopefully its useful- VK45 into R33 on SAU (its a long time ago now)

VK45 R33

On the other hand, Top Secret did a VQ35 R32 N/A. I don't know if that helps you (cause i don't know the differences between a 32/33 in that depth.

R32 VQ35

Hope to have my helpful hat on form now on :thumbsup:

Don't like people disagreeing with you much do you Jason?

You did ask for other people's thoughts in your initial post, but I digress.

Perhaps you need to do a bit more research into the VQ35 options available in the US, there are a wealth of options from minor mods to 4.2L stroker kits to fully built Cosworth engines.

Much more available than the old VH V8's.

If you want to go V8 because want a V8 that's different. But why not look at an LS1? Cheaper and can make 600+hp in its sleep

killjoy. lol. as if this is gonna be a standard build. :nyaanyaa: the long run potential with a VH45DET is much greater imo. aiming for around 600hp or more. a variation of this motor was highly developed for indy car in the US.

havent seen many high power VQ motors unless supercharged. jus sayn.

Dont Forget the VzH35DETT that went into the MONSTER that was the R92cp, with over 1200hp!

So, my almost stock RB25DET is making 555nm on 8psi!

in what gear? how big are your wheels? are they lighter or heavier than standard? do you have slicks or worn out factory rubber

you cant really measure torque correctly at the wheels. there are too many variables.

in what gear? how big are your wheels? are they lighter or heavier than standard? do you have slicks or worn out factory rubber

you cant really measure torque correctly at the wheels. there are too many variables.

Yes your right, there are alot of variables to consider!

As for my setup, series1,full 3" ex, pod, HKS evc4 & afr (~12:1), on BP98! Im running 235/45/18 worn factory rubber, on lighter rims! Dyno'd in 2nd in snow mode & locked torque split mode on a very honest 4wd dyno! 25ºC 46% humidity and it was a high pressure sytem at the time so maybe 1005ish hpa, also late arvo near sea level........... anyway i was making a bit of a point, that comparing numbers to argue an engine being either good or bad, is hardly fair (as you stated yourself)! :D

Im all for the VH45, i reckon it would be an awseome engine to put into a stag, that being said, i quite like the VQ and even VG motors, heck almost anything Nissan is good!

It would certainly be quite a unique stagea atleast!

Edited by Zorro

so it should, but how bout a 3.5 + T. thats my point, lets be crystal clear.

and your fantastic point is?? thats a good photo of you mate. you should just be in your M35. lolski.

just to pick at something you said earlier i missed.

thats like saying lets just add some Nitrous and see what happens. I'm sure you know its not just as simple as "lets strap on a turbo"

dont get me wrong about your v8 Idea, if you have the money go for it. Although LS1 would be cheaper and mods are everywhere as everyones already stated.

but when you compared the 35DE to the 25DET, theres a difference between N/A and Forced Induction, as you know. Im gonna also back everyones comments and say if you throw enough money at a tractor it could probably become "more torque-ie" or "faster"

And even if it is a picture of me? what would the problem be with that may I ask - or you just taking a cheap shot are you mr chuck norris :teehee:

CCubed who do the R34 kits for stagea's and made our (crappy) roof rails was working on a AWD V8 I think it was the 4.1. The plan was to either single or twin turbo, can't remember. target around 800hp.

I am pretty sure he got to the custom fabrication stage mating the block to gearbox and engine mounts etc.

I am pretty sure he has given up the idea putting it in a stagea or GTR.

He was mainly devel0ping it for his other passion of race ski boats, where lots of power is needed for long periods of WOT. Not many 800hp++ engines can last long going flat out

Give Andrew an email and see if it has developed any further.

It may save you some time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_cRQhW7nj8&feature=related

all this nonsense and babble aside more VH41DE or VH45DE conversion info would be handy. can we pls stick to the subject and stay on the level ppl?

Edited by dirtyRS4

Anyone got more info on the AWD setups in the V8 Cima etc?

Yes, it would be MUCH easier and cheaper to go RWD with an LS1 but, an AWD v8 Stagea would be very interesting.. I'm torn between RB30'ing mine or v8'ing it.

If the AWD setup was similar to Skylines then it could be viable but if you have to custom make/mate sumps then it could get interesting.

Anyone got more info on the AWD setups in the V8 Cima etc?

Yes, it would be MUCH easier and cheaper to go RWD with an LS1 but, an AWD v8 Stagea would be very interesting.. I'm torn between RB30'ing mine or v8'ing it.

If the AWD setup was similar to Skylines then it could be viable but if you have to custom make/mate sumps then it could get interesting.

i keep getn info on rwd 450sx which a few forum members have done easily. but i am tryn to get more info for my mate that has done one in a 300zx and might help Top Racing with the build. im gonna become members with a nz discussion group that know simon (puremethamphetamachine) and have done a VH41DE conversion into a stag. i might just crate the VH41DE up and buy in a week from a good source in the US. they want to get hold of as many RB30 blocks as possible, they go for a premium price. ironic that.