SAU Community

Toyota Bb Is Now Available For Import?

Mr Eps

is it true???

i just saw on Jspec wiki that Toyota bB secnd gen are now available for import..

...this confuses me greatly.. because toyota aust now sell the "toyota rukus"

which is a bB

i don't follow - can someone please break it down for me???

what years / months are available? and either way - how did this application get through if toyota is selling the (not so) competitively priced rukus?

yep its true. see also diahatsu coo. same car - different badge.

mate of mine has two of them and it was one of them that was used to clear 79/02.

one shop has that ADR cleared and the asking price for it is justified.

cars with the engine 3VZ-GE (?) are clear to do.

I'm waiting for them to become more popular before I start gearing up on them.

( like most that play in the jap markets I have access to a fair bit of stuff.)

wait - upon closer inspection - the rukus is nothing like the bB at all

the rukus is like the bB's ugly unsuccessful cousin living off welfare.

Couldn't agree more.

I was under the impression that the bB was around the same size as a Cube, or slightly smaller. Whereas the Ruckus is built on the Camry chassis and it's bloody huge! The proportions don't work for me at all.

*Edit* Just saw Chris's post, not Camry chassis; Doh!

Edited by Daleo

haha. you know the rules. pants down and three laps around the pooltable!

see - i was always under the impressiong that toyota bB and scion XB were same cars - seems they WERE for first gen...

but 2nd gen - the americans got the Runion.. and called it the XB... and we also get the Runion... and called it the "rukus"

i first saw it n thought "wow... australia made the bB UGLY"

good to see it's not the bB!

i saw one at the front of a toyota dealership - on the "pimp" stands..

with the license plate "modify"

it was a plain rukus with bright pea green graphics all over it...

i pulled over. got out. wakled up to it. chucked up all over it.

...it looked the same.

but seriously that's great news.. are they comply-able? any ideas on approx cost for compliance Chris?

• Like 1

to be honest I know that the Coo is. I do know that one part of the evidence for it will cost you a left nut. (yes its expensive) as for the bring one in and toss it on the road fee - no real idea.

toss Coo into the RAWS site and make a call.

I know someone was looking at it and looking at doing the Bb at some point.

• 1 month later...

already driven both,measured both ((very similar in size) and stripped the hell out of one. I'm looking at doing a cruise kit for the Coo. its only a matter of time before the Bb comes in behind it. rumour is that there is one already kicking around in brissy waiting for a purple plate..

Coo has more go , feels better and is a more solid car. cube has more rear space though.

Coo has blue mood lights as an option. bit trippy in a dark area.

i still prefer the cube...

that's just personal preference... but i definitely prefer the cube's styling..

aside from different looks... they're essentially the same car :/

coo for me. it feels more solid and better built.

same idea is probably more correct in your thinking. inside they are very different. if you sit in the rear of a cube you are squashed. sit in the rear of a coo and you can fit easily. I'm 6ft and I can stretch out in the back of it with no issue. Coo is about 5-6" wider as well.

• 4 years later...