SAU Community

Skyline Ti Burnout Car

Hey guys my name is Sherry.

My first Car was a Nissan Skyline TI. Now i finally have my full license i want to turn my car into a burnout car for events at eastern creek and summernats.

Im not too sure of what i want to do with it yet, But i want to keep it naturally aspirated.

I am thinking a 460 BB but i dont want to be greedy, also possibly thinking a 5lt. But i also do realise i need to consider power to weight.

Any Suggestions are more than welcome!!

ok, I never even thought of the coyote, how do you think that would go with my engine bay though. would i have to change anything to be able to fit it in? Also how do you think it would go power to weight ratio??

Please excuse any "silly" questions, this is the first car i want to build myself :blush:

a mate of mine had a worked rb30E powered 31. went well for what it was, but a v8 would be better. know of another guy in town with a datsun stanza burnout car. pretty sure it has a natro sr20 in it. they start in 2nd gear and stay in 2nd gear. if the revs start to drop too much they give it a squirt of nitrous to pick the revs back up. you want torque for a burnout car so that you can get into the highest gear possible (the faster the tyres are going, the more smoke you'll get). this also means you can get plenty of smoke without having to keep it banging on the limiter, which helps with engine temps and engine life.

silly question.... rb30 E what does the E stand for? Also what KW did they get for that?

i like the sound of the coyote engine but also have to think of suspension n all that shiznit... im seriously leaning towards something of 5l or 5.7. If i go much bigger i think it will throw out my power to weight too much

:rolleyes: i am a sucker for Muscle though, coming from a family of mechanics

I want something to stand out from everything else. Hence why i dont want a turbo.

You want to stand out but you want to put a V8 in for something like Summernats...

Windsor 302...can get them dirt cheap, will be fine for the weight of the car, can get in carby or EFI configuration, relatively small engine, myriad of aftermarket parts available.

The E in RB30E stands for electronic fuel injection.

Windsor 302...can get them dirt cheap, will be fine for the weight of the car, can get in carby or EFI configuration, relatively small engine, myriad of aftermarket parts available.

The E in RB30E stands for electronic fuel injection.

Ahhhh ok, thanks heaps. something to consider :thumbsup:

How much r we talking about?? or i had a suggestion for a LS1 and putting a manualised turbo behind it to get decent power to weight ratio?

any v8 conversion will cost a bit of money in fabrication (engine mounts, gearbox mount, custom tail shaft if needed) but will give you good results for a burnout car. a LS1 would be good since they are a light motor (lighter than the stock RB), and they are relatively cheap these days. hardly different though.

if you want to be different, try to squeeze a turbo 'BARRA' 6 engine (xr6 turbo engine) in there. might be a bit of a squeeze and will put a touch more weight over the front end, but they have a buttload of torque, are easy to make good power out of, and it will be pretty much one of a kind. just might not fit in with the v8 bogans at summernats as well as a v8 would though.

im putting a 357 in it .. getting quotes n shiz as we speak :rolleyes:

Cleveland, Windsor, SBC or Mopar?

I doubt a cleveland will fit without chopping the strut towers out, sames goes with a 351 windsor.

either way, big engine + little engine bay means epic overheat before 3mins is up.

Ever notice that all the engines that go pop due to overheating in burnout comps are those in little cars, eg toranas, cortinas, Rx4s etc

cleveland.

I'm not going short with this car. The engine for what i want will cost at least $40,000 if not more.

Plus the diff and tailshaft im getting will definately be able to handle the h/p that comes out of it.