SAU Community

Skyline Ti Burnout Car

This!!!

Hell I spent 10mins remembering prices to save the girl over 20k but no!

clearly I dont know enough to type an engine combo off the top of my head with prices

I appreciate you trying to help - i do apologise for appearing rude.

As i was saying i just need to research. i am more than happy to apologise if i have been proved wrong.

But the base is - this seems the most appealing to me. a 351 clev with a 1350 tailshaft and a top loader gear box.

• Nope 1

f**k i am amazed no one has asked for pics yet lol.

Yeah I'd like to see pics of the TI :teehee:

Sorry about your dad op but thats how it goes.

You did ask for opinions and you got them. From where i sit you chose the worst possible option to achieve your goal.

As far as showing people how to drive.... ripping a friggin great skid requires absolutely zero driving skill.

Get it to a track or a motor k, or hill climb or such and then impress people with your mad skillz. Matter of fact you will impress the shit out of me if you can cut decent times in a skyline with a woolly mammoth under the bonnet.

Under steer much. :unsure:

• Nope 1

cleveland = bang with constant big revs, manual gearbox = the ghey for burnout comps unless you can start in 3rd or 4th gear, and you wont do that without a 6/71 sitting in the valley, and due to the clevelands stupid long crank snout running a blower at big revs means chewed out #1 mains bearings, which = bang

As much as I dont want to say this but a stock LS1 with a cam and a tune will out grunt most clevelands and live to tell the tale.

cleveland = bang with constant big revs, manual gearbox = the ghey for burnout comps unless you can start in 3rd or 4th gear, and you wont do that without a 6/71 sitting in the valley, and due to the clevelands stupid long crank snout running a blower at big revs means chewed out #1 mains bearings, which = bang

As much as I dont want to say this but a stock LS1 with a cam and a tune will out grunt most clevelands and live to tell the tale.

You can buy 4/500 hp crate motors for way less than the op is figuring on spending.

Wouldnt mind a buck for every 2 piece clevo crank I saw back in the day. (doddery old man voice)

• Nope 1

Well that was the other option a good friend of mine told me about, he suggested a LS1 with a turbo. ??

Im not to flash with turbo's.... never really worked with them before :happy:

• Nope 1

You can buy 4/500 hp crate motors for way less than the op is figuring on spending.

Wouldnt mind a buck for every 2 piece clevo crank I saw back in the day. (doddery old man voice)

sure can, hence my post about trick and mansweto.

But they hate clevelands more than you Noel lol.

i still have a soft spot for them and I have one in my garage ill get around to finishing one day lol

Well that was the other option a good friend of mine told me about, he suggested a LS1 with a turbo. ??

Im not to flash with turbo's.... never really worked with them before :happy:

Research LS1 crate engines, No turbo required to rip skids. Good hp n/a engines are available straight out o the box.

• Nope 1

sure can, hence my post about trick and mansweto.

But they hate clevelands more than you Noel lol.

i still have a soft spot for them and I have one in my garage ill get around to finishing one day lol

Dont really hate them zeb, Just dont have any respect for them. Too many mates spent far too much coin rebuilding the rotten things while I hammerred the crap out of a 350 small block and the other cohort wailed away with his 302 windsor.

Sure the clevo could make the fat easy enough but it just wasnt worth it.

• Nope 1

i know i will always be loosing money, its the way the industry works.

When i have it all finished, ill make sure to definately show you :thumbsup:

But i really dont want a windsor.

oh FYI

The diff im getting is a 3.25 to 1 LSD custom built to fit my skyline and installed for $4000 so i believe your $1500 is a bit short there too buddy.

Do you even know why you don't want the Windsor? I really think you should sit down and write down your goals...ask as many questions as possible without making too many statements...and don't change your mind so quickly, because you've considered about 4 different engines in the space of a day. Speak to people and workshops who have done engine conversions before, because this is going to be the hardest part of the car and even though you say money is no issue, everyone has their limits.

I can custom build you a brand spanking new 9 inch with disc brake setup for about $3000, in any ratio and colour you want (may I suggest frangipani yellow and white). But if you want to pay me the four, I'll gladly spend the remaining thou on blackjack and hookers.

As has been said, a burnout comp isn't really the way to prove a girl can do something guys regularly do...there really isn't much to it and the skillset of your average 'nats competitor extends about as wide as using janitorial equipment - which is still miles ahead of the spectators (sorry guys :P). They won't be impressed when they find out you spent $40k on an engine that should have been euthanised before it started production. Shop around before you go lasering prices into granite or telling people on here they are wrong. As has been said, your goals can be achieved for much less...and whilst it's your money to do as you please...there are better things to waste the extra money on than people who will laugh behind your back as they count your money.

If you want to do something different, you could always put a catback on a Magna or a SSS pulsar.

• Like 1

Yeah I'd like to see pics of the TI :teehee:

Sorry about your dad op but thats how it goes.

You did ask for opinions and you got them. From where i sit you chose the worst possible option to achieve your goal.

As far as showing people how to drive.... ripping a friggin great skid requires absolutely zero driving skill.

Get it to a track or a motor k, or hill climb or such and then impress people with your mad skillz. Matter of fact you will impress the shit out of me if you can cut decent times in a skyline with a woolly mammoth under the bonnet.

Under steer much. :unsure:

this. a 31 with a motor that weighs the same as the rest of the car over the front wheels is going to be terrible to drive for anything other than circle work. if you want to impress people with your driving, doing it with a stock or relatively stock motor and then try to match the times of someone with more power. don't just try to get all the power you can to make your times as fast as possible because this then leaves you open to failing when someone with much less power runs faster times.

besides, if you want to have a burnout car you don't need that much power. a stock LS1 with a tune will more than do the job. hell the old rb30 with a bit of work done will more than do the job.

but i still reckon a LS1 is the way to go, or any all alloy v8. the least amount of weight over the front end the better. don't bother with the big build, just bolt it in and have some fun and save the money for something useful, like a house.

I am reading a book at the moment, it is a by some dude called Mario Puzo. If in 6 months time the OP (someone who didn't know what the "E" in RB30E stood for) manages to pull off this build and put a big block $40 000 engine into a R31 I will drive down to Wollongong, set myself up in Crown St Mall with a fold up camping table and some water and publicly consume all 595 pages.

BORING!!!! go something bigger! biggest GM crate motor from america!!! 572 cubes of plain stupidity. love it.

572 chev

if you want your old bagger to be noticed that is...and money really is nooo object

Edited by boiracer