SAU Community

Import Monster Sauvic Deca Motorkhana - 2011 Round 1

achoo

This thread needs DECA layout designs!

http://www.imaginationcubed.com/loader.php?aDrawingID=56234b2633e6940be1c57fbbd9a3b891&from_email=robinson.kez%40gmail.com&from_name=Kez

Ignore the horrible drawing skills and scale is off, but the "circle" of cones would be much bigger and the aim is to do a 360 turn inside it before coming out. You can just do a big slow winding circle, a three point turn, hand break it or try and do a high speed 360 degree spin. Plus much drifting around the outside.

http://www.imaginationcubed.com/loader.php?aDrawingID=623cd3024e9516f634c45d20976f8009&from_email=robinson.kez%40gmail.com&from_name=Kez

Same for this second layout but its a 180 turn instead of a 360.

Only cos you aint got it :)

But its been proven you dont need it to win DECAs...2010 top 3 baby

:D

True, as long as you can steer - which i clearly cannot - even 4WD isnt going to save you.

I'm a testament to that

This time though, I'll go balls deep with another 40rwkw! :D

Kieran I like that 2nd one you did.

I'm guessing this would be a map for the battle in the arvo not the morning longer ones?

Won;t be in this DECA as the maps have been submitted to the insurance comp already I believe for approval. However we love new ideas for maps as after 6 odd years fresh blood is great!

M

So had a little play with those maps.

think need to put a cone in the middle to make sure ppl come all the way in, else will enter and just chuck a hang break and leave.

and this was my thoughts to change up the first one a little.

http://www.imaginationcubed.com/loader.php?aDrawingID=93e73a13d8c1d90a8170e47b617a223b&[email protected]&from_name=emts

My hopes with the first one was people would drive in at a decent speed and attempt a controlled spin sort of like this:

If not comfortable with that they can turn anyway they please so long as they do a 360 degree turn (in either direction) within the circle of cones.

Can see the logic but my concern would be lots of cars spinning out of control and taking out lots of cones.

I also would not expect ppl to have enough speed to keep that spin going after only accelerating for 20 odd meters.

that said we can do some testing of both ways, it's not too hard to move one cone out of the way between runs.

THIS deca thread sucks...what happened to 10+ pages leading up to the event...we need more shit talk.

Ill start by saying Russell's win last year was a fluke thats why hes too chicken to run this deca...he instead pretends he has a wedding to go play music at...

all russells wins are flukes for sure... or divine intervention ;) i cant believe he has gone and pulled the car to bits... only to be at the bottom of the money pit class that is superlap!

Kieran I like that 2nd one you did.

I'm guessing this would be a map for the battle in the arvo not the morning longer ones?

Won't be in this DECA as the maps have been submitted to the insurance comp already I believe for approval. However we love new enthusiastic motorsport committee helpers to help with DECA. fresh blood is great! with helping comes maps and with maps comes test days.

M

Edited ;)

Well rumour has it, no power increase

Turbos are def bigger. Will have to sus out whats going on.

At least i have my first excuse primed and ready :D

36x-rwkw something??

running those secret squirrel -5's?

How's your engine coming along?

Yeah spoke to Chris yesterday....or was it Monday...anyways its all coming along and hes gonna call me soon. Hes working on getting the bottom half done. Top half should be ready to go i think.