SAU Community

M35 Highflow Options?

spoolin12

$1250 for a bush bearing highflow is more like it - thats the mark

i bought my original journal bearing highflow - the Sliding Performance rb highflow - for $600 :)

no way Id pay triple that amount for a vq bush bearing highflow

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Their website says that benefits are:

360 degrees Thrust bearing Inconel steel wheel and shaft Suitable for High Boost applications

Is the "Inconel" brand good?

a bit of light reading here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/261613-hypergear-hiflow-service-continued/

Edited by ironpaw

nah not yet...PM'ed him and awaiting response. Might call him tomorrow...

Can you give me the sizing and all other details I need when getting a quote? I think I'll just get the same size as yours...

Craig and Aaron got a 3071 equiv?

craig got a 3071 mushed into standard housings..

mines a stage 2 sierra combo which is the same size as craigs, except in Journal. my experience hasnt been great with BB. also dont go where i went.

hi guys i think i mentioned earlier

im looking at R.I.P.S to do a custom manifold and custome pipework around the engine so it flows better and is easier to work on , what size turbo do you reckomend for the stagea on stock internals ( that will get a upgrade soon enough )

looking at garret b turbos

hi guys i think i mentioned earlier

im looking at R.I.P.S to do a custom manifold and custome pipework around the engine so it flows better and is easier to work on , what size turbo do you reckomend for the stagea on stock internals ( that will get a upgrade soon enough )

looking at garret b turbos

I'll be interested to see these manifolds when they're done :thumbsup:

when you say core is that just a set that can be used to rebuild the standard turbo

or is that a full turbo replacment ?

if your doing the full manifold rebuil, you should be able to get the complete core and housings in there might take a while, but possible.

if your doing the full manifold rebuil, you should be able to get the complete core and housings in there might take a while, but possible.

well ill post pics up once i start my build , still planning stage as thats were you want to get things right

IMO.....if you change the turbo and manifolds you better off putting the turbo where the current airbox....that way you can get rid of any sharp turn's in the plumbing.

.....an even better idea would be to keep the current passenger side turbo with a new manifold and develop a drivers side bank manifold with turbo. That way you will be able to still use a turbo that fit's into the area and get a decent waist gate on......this might also involve a new custom plenum and FMIC though

P.S. Yes twins Scott!3some.gif

ASked Stao about a bush bearing hi flow with 360 washers...$960

Asked him about getting a 3071 core and this is what he said:

Well, there is no point going for 3071 CHRA in your high flow as the rear housing of it is already small and our customized will produce more power then the 3071 profile. There will be no difference in response based on factory housings, plus bush bearing is a more relaible setup then the ball bearing setup. The 3071 high flow cost $1550 AUD, you need to change all water, and oil lines to suit that CHRA.

The factory housing is not big enough to flow 350rwkws. The max we can that that to is 300rwkws on a manual, Auto will be about 25KW behind plus it won't handle any thing relaiably above 230rwkws. I would recommend you to use our standard high flow option with a high pressure actuator to achieve that goal.

Regards

Stao

hmmm stick with bush bearing i guess?

Even the HKS kit uses the stock manifolds, and they obviously flow well enough to kill a built gearbox so unless you are putting a manual behind it soon, it would be a complete waste of time.

A gt3071 core stuffed into the factory housings is good for 250-270 with the right mods, (intake and exhaust)and wont be too laggy, you will need to spend 3-4k on the auto to handle that sort of power, and it still doesnt hold much more than 300 I have found.

IMO.....if you change the turbo and manifolds you better off putting the turbo where the current airbox....that way you can get rid of any sharp turn's in the plumbing.

.....an even better idea would be to keep the current passenger side turbo with a new manifold and develop a drivers side bank manifold with turbo. That way you will be able to still use a turbo that fit's into the area and get a decent waist gate on......this might also involve a new custom plenum and FMIC though

P.S. Yes twins Scott!3some.gif

Why don't you just go out at get a set of manifolds from and APS G35 TT kit?

Even the HKS kit uses the stock manifolds, and they obviously flow well enough to kill a built gearbox so unless you are putting a manual behind it soon, it would be a complete waste of time.

A gt3071 core stuffed into the factory housings is good for 250-270 with the right mods, (intake and exhaust)and wont be too laggy, you will need to spend 3-4k on the auto to handle that sort of power, and it still doesnt hold much more than 300 I have found.

what are you running scotty ? and how does it perform any cons?