SAU Community

R34 Gtr Awd

hey guys

im just wondering is the R34 gtr a permanently AWD or is it like the R32 where as once traction is lost the power is then split 40/60?

and if so is there any way to control this as by making it either RWD permanently AWD and then run stock?

im sure this has been threaded before but couldn't find the relevant information

• Nope 1

R32 runs 100% to the rear then splits up to 50% to the front when needed.

R33 and R34 run 95% rear 5% front, the splits up to 50% to the front when needed.

There is a procedure in the workshop manual for putting in to RWD (in the 33GTR manual, I use the same process on my Stagea).

The manual states either drop the front prop shaft OR, disconnect the airbleed plug (inside the drivers kick panel), start car and push brake pedal 5 times, 4WD light starts flashing to tell you you're in RWD mode.

Have a good search, I have posted this up quite a few times and regardless of what anyone says, myself and others over here have PROVEN that it works.

It works so well that I've actually put a switch in my centre console and drive around every day in RWD.

I know for the r32 all ya gotta do is pull your awd fuse in the fuse box under the hood. Seeral of us here in canada put in a toggle switch to this fuse so we can remotely activate/ describe out awd

• 2 years later...

Thanks for that post #@bubba!

I have the opposite problem... my WGNC34 Series 2 maunal, AWD stagea got stolen. The 4WD light, HICAS and ABS lights were on when I got it back. I have replaced the 4x 30A fuses in the engine bay and got the HICAS and ABS back straight away. The 4WD light stays solidly on...

How do i do the opposite of what you posted above? What is the airbleed in the kickpanel?

Cheers,

Mely

R32 runs 100% to the rear then splits up to 50% to the front when needed.

R33 and R34 run 95% rear 5% front, the splits up to 50% to the front when needed.

There is a procedure in the workshop manual for putting in to RWD (in the 33GTR manual, I use the same process on my Stagea).

The manual states either drop the front prop shaft OR, disconnect the airbleed plug (inside the drivers kick panel), start car and push brake pedal 5 times, 4WD light starts flashing to tell you you're in RWD mode.

Have a good search, I have posted this up quite a few times and regardless of what anyone says, myself and others over here have PROVEN that it works.

It works so well that I've actually put a switch in my centre console and drive around every day in RWD.

the airbleed plug method works only for the r33 gtr though or am i mistaken? ive heard the only way for the r34 was pretty much disconnect the front prop shaft. On a slightly random note i wished my mates read up on this forum here and there so they know how the attessa works, ive had a mate whos an apprentice mechanic who said if you keep putting the r32 in rwd mode you screw up the transfer case and another who said the attesa in the r32 is 60/40 R/F 24/7 awd mode. 2nd part abt the 60/40 i know is bs without an aftermarket controller but they seem to know more abt my own car then myself lol, however the transfer case part, ive heard ppl said it doesnt damage the t-case but if som1 more knowledgeable could verify for the sake of it?

You have funny friends.

Transfer case gets worn quicker when the AWD is used more, e.g. mismatched tyres causing the ATTESA to be almost always engaged. I think it's the fluid which overheats and clutch packs wearing out.