SAU Community

Car Security Marking Promotion

skylineakt

Hi Guys,

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I'm just helping a friend out with his promotion. And with Skyline been a theft magnet, I though I will let you guys know.

Due to a huge weekend of Grand Prix and the Motorshow, a friend of mine is doing a promotion at Burwood Kmart to etch cars with their rego or vin no.

Basically what happens is you car get etched with your rego number on different parts of the car as an identify mark, similar to the chassis and the engine block.

The parts they will etch will be the parts that are most likely to be sold if your car is stolen.

The marking system leaves a small imprint of your rego or vin no on any hard surfaces to make it identifiable so the cops and insurance company can trace it.

Usually it cost $80 to get your car marked in 20 places, but because of the promotion he is offering it at $40.00.

However if you guys are interested, I will try to knock him down to $30 for the SAU. :sly:

Just want to get some feedback and to see if anyone is interested. Let me know and I will try to organise the cheaper deal.

For more information please visit www.thiefbusters.com and in Automotive Security.

Loc: Burwood Kmart (corner of Burwood Hwy and Blackburn Rd)

Time: 10.00 am till 4.00 pm

Cheers :(

Sorry guys it is neither.

It is actually a technology call Sanprint where they use sand to inprint the stencil of your vin no. I not sure how excately the gun work, but it leaves a clear print and does not damage other parts of the car.

My friend also mention that he can etch corporate logos on, but that cost a bit as the stencil need to be made up. What do you reckon about a SAU logo once we have a new one setup?!?! hehe :)

I checked the site after I posted - looks like a portable sandblaster with some sort of template/stencil. Simple, but effective.

Just to clarify, is this deal on this weekend, or some other weekend?

Oh yeah sorry guys it is on this Saturday 6th of March, Burwood Kmart from 10 am till 4pm.

NRB, I just confirmed with my friend and it is a sandblaster. But the sand does not go flying everywhere as it gets sucks back up through the machine.