SAU Community

Time for NA Power, the wait is over.....

Was at Gold Coast autosalon all weekend, was absolutely awesome!!

Took home Most Creative Conversion trophy and Most Powerful V8 trophy and autosalon magazine are going to do a feature on it :laugh: Cheering, bring on winternats!!

Edited by NA_R33

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice - well done

how powerful was it anyway?

cant wait till autosalon comes to perth in july - looks like it will be good

ohh - and has that zoom issue come out yet?

• 3 weeks later...
Next big thing, im looking at trying to source the newer larger nissan VK56DE from the states or nissan japan..... straight bolt into my car atm.... mmmmm more cubes..... lots more power!
any luck? i've been searching for months as well

no luck dude, gonna call a mate that works at nissan and investigate the possibility of a brand new crate engine. but that means big dollars... but i have a few major sponsors lined up so ill just have to take it as it comes.

no luck dude, gonna call a mate that works at nissan and investigate the possibility of a brand new crate engine. but that means big dollars... but i have a few major sponsors lined up so ill just have to take it as it comes.
infiniti usa sells them for about $4500 USD OUCH :ermm:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Cheers dude, its in the back of the latest issue of zoom issue 100, but the proper feature will be in issue 103 so im told.

Yep , just got my copy of ZOOM issue 103 , and there it is . Good stuff .

awesome don, is it out in the new agents or are u a subscriber? i havent been able to find it..

update on the car, injectors arrived friday, 3 more bosch 044 pumps will be here end of the week, sticking the CF/fiberglass bonnet back on with Dzus Clips, methanol conversion and tune should be completed in the next few weeks along with a complete alloy dash, the it will be back to the strip to go for sick and get a whole heap of testing done before the nationals in september...

Also i hear a rumor that there may be a class for it at jamboree this year :no: neone else heard any more??

yep

bought it today - first time ive ever bought a zoom mag

good article too

car looks sexier in the 'flesh' ie bigger better pics

those Drift R rims make it look sexy

ps - going to wind the wick up on the 'charger soon? and NOS? could make a 10 sec pass nicely :(

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update on the car guys, still running ~10-11 psi, 1600cc Methanol injectors magnaflow 750 pump, and a new tune we've turned out over 500hp at the treads... time to take it back to the strip and see how it go's....

Guys are you aware that Nizpro is running the VK56DE in their race boats? I have a short video of a web site that shows a VK56DE with twin turbos given a serious belting. Pretty sure you can purchase it from Nizpro.

If i could find someone to buy all my running gear (motor, gearbox, pfc, are ic, etc) I would get a VH45DE installed in my R33 aswell.

if its the same one i have seen it is of a VH45DE with twins strapped to the side of it..

I continually hear rumours of these super high power VH and VK engines floating about, but am still yet too find any hard evidence of them actually existing... Im basically learning everything from my own R n D, The only others i am aware of are all in the build process still and are not yet running. I may infact give nizpro a call today...