SAU Community

Can Anyone Help With This R34 Gtr?

hey guys,

was just wanting to see if anyone knew anything about this GTR or seen it.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?Cr=1&R=9489616&keywords=&trecs=4&__sid=12E46D0BCB77&__Ns=pCar_LastModifiedDate_DateTime|1&__Qpb=true&__Nne=15&SearchAction=N&seot=1&__N=1216 1282 4294963846 1622 4294963593 4294950656 4294804078&silo=1011

Im from adelaide and am considering travelling to sydney to check it out but the last few times ive done this its ended up with me flying back home empty handed and paying for flights...soo if anyone has any info on it so i can save my time and money it would be much appreciated.

thanks guys

sorry I don't personally know the car but from the pics it looks pretty nice. the only thing that rings a small alarm bell with me is the "$1000 of resin work to restore the bonnet". that's an odd one. the VSII carbon bonnets are very nicely made and come painted on top and bare carbon underneath (with the vent also bare). not sure what happened to it that it needed a $1,000 repair job?

I'm also a bit suspect on the 49,500 kms. I have seen a few R34 GTRs with that many kms. yes they are 10 years old, but a VSII with 50,000kms should have very firm seat bolsters still, that one looks a bit worn (though it could be from an overweight driver, a heavy driver will wear the bolster out much quicker than usual).

all in all I'd say if you're after a VSII in white then it's definitely worth checking out.

Just by looking at the NACA duct, I can tell it has fresh clear on it. The factory clear is not that shiny and it does fade and crack around that area. Why Nissan did not paint the duct with same colour as the car is beyond me. Perhaps they have a good reason for this.

Like Beer has mentioned, the bolster would be a concern as well. A big guy would definitely accelerate the wear and tear.

Personally, I would never judge a car by it's kms, especially an import and more so, a GT-R. Most of them seems to have super low kms which is total bollocks. Only a small percentage would be genuine and would believe it more if it comes with history.

Looks like the RH front guard has been removed as the bolt heads appear to have little or not paint in them, but it might just be the picture.

A white engine bay is good to inspect. The more kms she's travelled, the more "off white" colour you can observe. You can also tell straight away if there's any repairs done because a newer white respray will never match the old colour unless the entire engine bay has been resprayed. I've seen it once before where the whole bay was resprayed and was just too shiny to be a factory job.

Bit of surface rust on the rear diffuser support bracket. Mine has no signs of rust and it's still original. I would look further underneath for potential rust issues.

^ ^ ^ well said!

OP you certainly have experts here in Richard and Eugene to guide you re: possible rust, damage, signs of wear 'n tear, genuineness of odo etc.

That NACA Duct clear does crack in Aussie sun or even with pollution mixed with the elements in Japan.

The owner obviously had that cut back and repainted to the extent that the C/F look is no longer there. The finish could be a bit better tho'

Because it's looking to be a fine prospect...

Would the owner be willing to allow the car to be put up on a hoist and inspected by someone who knows their BNR34s?

there are companies that specilize in written reports on cars (other than RACQ) that do a really good job. right down to compression check magnetting for bog etc etc.

i had this done for my GTST. so i would def do it for any GTR.

it might cost you a few hundred. but they are very thorough and probably still cheaper than the flight.

• 1 month later...