SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

you need to remove the daily part from this thread... it may as well be a dedicated track nugget, hasn't seen a public road almost all year! :P

Yeah well one day ill get it moved to the Motorsport section as its certainly something i enjoy doing and will be doing a lot more!

that nulon thing seems interesting, but ive done next to nothing to stand out this year and well without 11ty billion KW time attack will make me look bad

Yeah it looks interesting, my aim is for 2015 anyway but if this happened to come up then it would be a good bit of fun! :)

Got an answer out of Mat for the size offsets of his Work XT7s if anyone else is interested.

F - 18 x 8.5 +32

R - 18 x 9.5 +38

Lol about bloody time he says :P

I have had so many people ask me and its only now i have finally checked haha... Thanks for posting it up as a reminder ;)

hmm no wonder you can fit them 285 under the guard you have that extra 8mm.My 275 are like 5mm away from the guard with the struct loaded.

I measured the 275 Hankook RS3 vs the 265 Hankook Z221 yesterday just for interest.

Hankook RS3 275 = roughly 275mm

Hankook Z221 265 = roughly 280mm

Was only done with a tape measure so it wasn't accurate but you can see side by side the Z221 is a bigger tyre!

is it a semi if i it is i was also told by a tyre sho that semis are always wider than they say. Had 255 RSR federals and were same size as my Michelin PS2 265.

is it a semi if i it is i was also told by a tyre sho that semis are always wider than they say. Had 255 RSR federals and were same size as my Michelin PS2 265.

Yep semis...

ive got a semi thinkin about semi's

will probs buy myself some 10" rears soon to run some awesome 295's :D

Put up a DIY thread if you do as 275 seems to be the limit for my guards even with the rolling... I assume you could pump the rear guards but i have never tried this...

No major updates with the car at this stage, apart from the fact its running again...

Seat rails should arrive this week so i can fit the cheap seats in to stop the harnesses cutting my neck... That is about all i can say for now :ph34r:

I measured the 275 Hankook RS3 vs the 265 Hankook Z221 yesterday just for interest.

Hankook RS3 275 = roughly 275mm

Hankook Z221 265 = roughly 280mm

Was only done with a tape measure so it wasn't accurate but you can see side by side the Z221 is a bigger tyre!

That is interesting, I have 275/35/19 RS-3s for daily and just got 265/35/18 Z221s for track and I swore the 265 Z221s are wider

That is interesting, I have 275/35/19 RS-3s for daily and just got 265/35/18 Z221s for track and I swore the 265 Z221s are wider

Yep i only noticed as they were stacked together :) Will explain why they contact teh front guards haha

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I'm struggling with a similar issue on an RB26. Make sure you know whether it's volume or resonance. Mine seemed louder when cruising compared to at idle. I downloaded a decibel meter for my phone. Take my less than scientific results with a couple grains of salt, but the decibels were the same at idle and at cruise. Mine seems to be a resonance problem. At 2500-3500 rpm, the sound is different and "louder" to my ear. I think it's vibration from the pipe, the car body, the floor or something creating tone. Anyway, consider that it may not be strictly a volume problem.
    • Does this count as a time trial as well? I got all gold in the master super licence (1 lap time trial) and received a McLaren MP4/4 for my trouble.  If anyone else has done this, did you ride the wall right around the first long right hander at Lake Louise snow track to get gold? I couldn't do it any other way... best I could do without riding the was was within 2 tenths of the gold time.
    • I definitely get the low power, sporty car to drive to smash gears but not be doing eleventy million miles an hour! It makes all the normal drives fun!   Rev match tune sounds like the funs! I didn't know the NC had a DBW throttle!   As for me, still have the Skyline, it still has the Barra in it. It's been pushed to the side of the workshop at the moment. Pretty much waiting on me finishing the wiring, and dropping new fuel lines in. Got myself an ACDC Tig end of last year so been teaching myself TIG welding to build a few things for the Skyline. The missus wrote off her GTB liberty at the end of last year, and got it back on salvage rights stupid cheap. It's also still registered, so will mean easier for me to take to the track already done most of the panel damage, just playing "clear the workshop" to make space to pull the motor and box out, fix some oil leaks, replace the clutch, and replace a few minor broken things.  Also got a Lathe at the start of the year, which is adding to the annoyance of no space, which is another reason I'm trying to build things to get more space, to get the Lathe back in a final home for it. It's a BIG lathe, can turn a 355mm diameter, and 1metre between centres... Got it at a steal! So between it and the TIG and old MIG welder, I'll be fabbing some fun little shit up But we've had a lot of shit stuff happening at home, so it's slow going getting things done. But one step at a time!
    • I love Catalunya.  Got a 1:54.632. The AMG is a hoot.
    • I hadn't got that far, my main worry was the connection to the actual calipers themselves. I'm just using new (ish) stock brake lines in the stock setup. I've just had a stud welded to the knuckle that is a little lower than the original stud (so my knuckles have two studs each side) to not have it be stretched so far in previous BBK setups, so the "block" (in the second picture) mounts a little lower for me and I hope I don't need to change anything. I may have even changed the connection to the calipers in the past and have since forgotten I did that. I may not have. Guess how I'm gonna find out. Source: hopium