SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

hmm i have some camber on mine not sure how much, not much but a portion of the tyre is not in contact with the road, after driving on dirt you can see this. Kinda sucks, might have to pump the guards for zero camber get full contact.

295 on a 10 +38 with nearly 3 deg camber slightly pokes, for those wondering :D

10588654_814795625218233_842044625_n1_zp

Nice! Only problem is proper Semis will be a lot wider from what i can tell... 275 street tyres fit with plenty of space but a 265 in a semi is nearly contacting both sides as its much wider... That and -3 degrees wouldnt help much with traction so it kind of defeats the purpose of going to a wider tyre ;)

Mat, how much camber are you running?

In the front... Fk all! As i havent fit the camber arms yet, hence why the front tyres were nice and toasty on the outer edges on the left side at Wakie and cold in the inside.

On the rear, i think its back to rough -1.5 or somewhere near it as i had the track day to do. I had them down to -0.5 at one stage.

Love this car Matt, looks so basic and then it cracks gate haha

Thanks mate! Its a lot of fun...

Can't really say it looks so basic now with the cage back in

Safety first ;)

The stock look was a bit of fun for a while :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

So i havent really done any updates in a while, basically because not much has happened... Since Wakie the car was unused and just sitting around... With all the talk of trackday prep i thought i best do some myself... SO i charged the battery... Prep complete :P

I went into the SMSP South day knowing the left side tyres were pretty banged up on the outer edge and also the alignment took a fair hit at Wakie when i had the offroad excursion, i drove it down the street and it was left hand down and pulling left... With SMSP Sth being a short track and just a fun day i wasnt to stressed and just ran it as is.

The one thing i took from this track day was that SAU NSW are a fkn top bunch of blokes! It had to be one of the best track days yet in terms of having fun.

626ca974-9786-4f81-b2bc-fe4456548049_zps

The wheels just have black plastidip on them to cover the crazy gutterrash from Wakie... It looked pretty messy so as a temporary measure i coated them with the black. Of course we had to do the white writing on the tyres to match -

IMG_0207_zps808b2a7b.jpg

This pic actually shows some of the tyre damage on the outer edge...

IMG_0176_zps0c0a1e20.jpg

With the lack of camber in the front it was just melting that damaged section...

Here is what the wheels looked like after a quick coat of plastidip...

IMG_0050_zps132ee0f3.jpg

What's with the headlight?

Headlights looks maad! The left one is open for intake yes?

Loving the car man!

Yeah one of the eyelids on my proper set of headlights got broken and looks really bad so i figured i would take them out and do the lense restore and replace the eyelids... The black set is just a set of empty shells of a GTR and was mainly for something different :P

IMG_0199_zpse4d1258e.jpg

Yeah one of the eyelids on my proper set of headlights got broken and looks really bad so i figured i would take them out and do the lense restore and replace the eyelids... The black set is just a set of empty shells of a GTR and was mainly for something different :P

IMG_0199_zpse4d1258e.jpg

Mad. I couldn't tell in the pic if they were just tinted or something. Looks the goods.