SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

The first session i just wanted to see where the tyres would go pressure wise... I went out with them high knowing there was no compressor nearby at the track itself (although i saw a few around the pits during the day), after a couple of laps i had to come in as i felt they were way too high, i was right...

Pressure climbed to over 40psi so i dropped them to 32psi and waited for the next session.

Session 2 was heaps better but hot pressures were still on the high side when i came in, you can see by the time sheet that the car was getting quicker and quicker but then i was held up by a spun car after the 1.032 and when i tried to do another lap after the tyres had gone off so it was end of session.

f1ef63d1-6496-4bc4-9c65-f0ac279a423a_zps

As the day went on i felt the car was understeering a lot more... Not sure on the cause but tyres were certainly pretty ugly on the outer edges and were extremely hot so ill make sure i am better prepared for the next track day.

The best i could manage was 1.030 which i was kicking myself with as the lap following that felt better again but the chequered flag came out and i lifted off the throttle, would have been happy with a 1.02999999999 just for bragging rights haha... Next time though!

IMG_0232_zps4657f731.jpg

One very unusual thing about this day was the lack of photography... Most of the photos are usually taken by the competitors but i think everyone had that much fun that the cameras just stayed in their bags... Not complaining though as it was a great day!

A pic taken by Ciaron -

15326159911_4d2bd69af5_b_zps3a79f5e6.jpg

• Like 1

One thing that broke at Wakie was the idle valve, it is now disconnected but havent had time to get it fixed so the idle now sounds like this -

http://youtu.be/gUZdzrR3Rlo?list=UU-dlM9EpZ2R-Vuo-ds7iO1Q

Sounds like a tractor :laugh:

In the passenger sessions i took Tats for a run just for a bit of a laugh...

IMG_0228_zpscedf3b32.jpg

This was a quick bit of video off my phone...

http://youtu.be/-Z51ggy4Jjo?list=UU-dlM9EpZ2R-Vuo-ds7iO1Q

With the centre muffler gone the car is loud and doesnt sound 100%, also cracks and pops all the way around the track... Was different but i dont like it and will change it as soon as i work out what i want to do.

:ph34r:

Actually that wasnt you on this one! It was the red 33... Was hilarious as i pulled out beside him after the spin and he was cracking up laughing! He was a great guy to be at the track with :D

Actually that wasnt you on this one! It was the red 33... Was hilarious as i pulled out beside him after the spin and he was cracking up laughing! He was a great guy to be at the track with :D

David was pretty damn fast in that 33. We had an epic chase in one of the sessions with him pulling away from me on the straights but me catching him up in the bends, brilliant fun!

With the centre muffler gone the car is loud and doesnt sound 100%, also cracks and pops all the way around the track... Was different but i dont like it and will change it as soon as i work out what i want to do.

I thought the car sounded a bit different on monday

I thought the car sounded a bit different on monday

Yeah its not a nice sound... The backfire and crackle on track made me think i had broken something at first lol

I kept the orginal muffler so its no problem! I will always keep that exhaust though as its been one of the quietest ones i have heard, Damien had good taste when it came to the mods that were originally done!

I will keep a full system on the car as most tracks require it.

Yeah its not a nice sound... The backfire and crackle on track made me think i had broken something at first lol

I kept the orginal muffler so its no problem! I will always keep that exhaust though as its been one of the quietest ones i have heard, Damien had good taste when it came to the mods that were originally done!

I will keep a full system on the car as most tracks require it.

I love the crackling sounds I get from my exhaust since I took out the mid muffler ;P

Currently deciding whats next... My plan was to do the SAU track day then pull the car off the road for a while and do some more track prepping, however it ran so well i think ill do another one or more this year.

Next stage is -

Fit cusco camber arms and Nismo bushes to the front. Should be able to run decent camber then.

Replace the damaged tyres and rotate them so i can get the most life out of the rears.

Oil change on engine AGAIN! (Need to get me a hook up at Royal Purple lol)

That should be enough to go thrash around the track again and have some fun.

I will also look at replacing the power steer fluid but might wait until i change the front end around a bit and install the steering cooler at the same time.

Weight is the biggest issue at the moment, not just in the car either lol...

I have never really worried about in the past it but its time to start.

I love the crackling sounds I get from my exhaust since I took out the mid muffler ;P

Lol that is not the bad part, its the muffler echoing and making the thing sound like a 2 stroke dirt bike at lower revs :P

Lower revs? Needs more limiter :P

Yep was short shifting to 4th on the straights to keep the revs down until i sort that oil pressure issue... May be a tad slower in sections but it worked :)

That isn't fixed yet? :3

No, and it likely wont get fixed on this motor. It is holding up fine, just have to drive around the issue for now.

The car is still strong and pretty reliable. First event i havent really lifted the bonnet for anything other than a quick check that everything was still where it was meant to be :woot:

• Like 2