SAU Community

Sau Tas Track Day

zoidbergmerc

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, im like jack. run 31ish cold, but my crappy street tyres i ran one day i had to drop them to around 33 in front and 35 in back to help get round the track properly lol.

think mine atm are around 35 all corners so gonna play around with them sunday, might borrow my mates portable pump.

Ok, I've got my laptop all hooked up to the haltec so that'll tell me what my temps are while I'm in the car, just need to find a way to secure the laptop in the car so it doesn't fly around and KO me in the face.

6 Cell battery and Intel Atom should be good for 5 hours at least on battery :)

I've only got street tyres so they're only going to be good for two laps at a time anyway.

... oh harden up. Tassie so cold you won't need a oil cooler for 3-5 laps ha ha ha.

If your planning to data log with a laptop often, then look at getting a panasonic tough book.. can kill em!

i've never used r1r's but evo's like a good 35-40psi hot on my car if that helps :) . actually , does anyone wanna give me some advice on semi's tyre pressure, i've never used them before :S

Have you got a ir temp gun? If not I can bring mine if you need.. Just grab the optimum temp range v pressure chart for your tyres. I say run em hot and hard for a couple of laps, bring it in- drop the pressures hot and start from there. We can also measure the temps inner to outer to see if you have enough camber and even load accross the tyre.

Man I'm pissed my 32 needs a re-tune.. Maybe I'll get the stag out there! ha ha ha...

Federal Evos on the front and Toyo R1Rs on the back.

Just a heads up for the W/E. if you suffer from understeer or push into corners front to back the R1Rs and Evos.

Forecast for Sunday :   

Cloudy with a morning shower or two. Light to moderate southwest winds.  

Hopefully it stays dry after the few showers, Max of 16 so may be a little dreary :P Called in to check on my front & rear adj sway bars today but still not in yet, I reckon they'll be in on wednesday after the long weekend. Just missed!

Just turn up , will cost you $120? or something if your not a hscc member (pricing is at the start of the thread somewhere) . Helmet, long sleeve shirt/jumper , sturdy trousers and shoes and a roadworthy car :) . I won't have the semi's thanks to me not having the chance to put them on rims , so i'll just be using evo's on the front and some dirtty 595ss on the rear :ph34r:

Your a bloody menace jack going out partying when your cars half finished I don't know. You should be sensible like the rest of us and have the night in ready for a big day of racing tomorrow! Having said that you better not bug me all night trying to get me to come out too or I'll turn my phone off!

I might pop down tomorro for a look. Won't be doing any laps as i'm broke. What time is every one getting there/hanging around to?

Oh and i assume its at baskerville?

Edited by Johny Bravo

Pretty scetchy about me making it tomorrow guys , found a couple small issues i gotta fix on the lolo before i thrash her about on the track (hopefully i'll have it done and fixed in the morning :) )

Edited by toffy

Forecast for Sunday :   

Cloudy periods though fine. Light to moderate southwest winds.  

Precis: Fine.     Max: 16    

Looks like the gods of motoring may provide us with a dry track after all!

Hope you can make it toffy, I don't think I've seen you laurel before? If I can help at all (as unlikely as that is) let me know :)

Jay